is there a computer with sound alarm for low air pressure in the tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe that most of them do. I know both of my Oceanic's do, but I have the alarms turned off because I can't hear them anyway.

It will be for the local rescue department, I know they have masks with surface communication system, but the divers have to surface just to check for his air when there is no visibility, So I think that if they could have computers connected with the tanks and with the capability to set air alarms, they could avoid these air check at the surface.

Does this rescue department have their own process and procedures that you have to follow? This might be dictated.

I think they have procedures for search and rescue, But I saw the diver surfacing to check his console..... and noticed this.

Need a computer to sound when reaching 500psi, to alert me. It will be used in low/no visibility waters.thanks.
Both,the Scubapro Galileo Sol & Luna have the Remaining Bottom Time ( RBT ) feature. You can set your P.S.I. to alert you!

What beaver said. Not sure if the alarm sounds are unique though. If not, you would have to disable all alarm sounds but the PSI one.

The Suunto Vyper Air definitely has it and I don't see why the higher end models wouldn't. It's quite irritating so even if you miss it during the first few seconds, unless you're huffing and puffing hard underwater with a huge boat just above you, there's no reason why you wouldn't hear it after a while.

Oceanic pro plus 2
The alarms are pretty loud and annoying for time remaining pressure depth ppo and a couple more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom