2013 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But, being arrested for barking at a police dog... That's just silly.

I agree 100% .

That police officer just "ruff'd" at them is all I can figure.

This was purely a case of a cop who got pissed off at him and arrested him for "contempt of cop". (that's one of the problems with cops now days. they manufacture charges if they get mad.

The charges were dropped after the video (I guess dash cam) showed lack of evidence and showed that he did not resist arrest as the cop had claimed (lied about). I hope he sues their asses off

Antonio Morrison, Florida linebacker arrested for barking at a police dog, has charges dismissed - NY Daily News

EDIT:

Here's the video. clearly he's not resisting arrest. Yet barking at a police dog was enough to have 4 officers come over.

note at the end of the video the officer "littering" on the side of the road with the gatoraid bottle.

[video=youtube;UvM2316GIws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvM2316GIws[/video]

... arrested him for "contempt of cop". (that's one of the problems with cops now days. they manufacture charges if they get mad.

... note at the end of the video the officer "littering" on the side of the road with the gatoraid bottle.
It's crap like this that creates most "contempt for cops". I wonder if that cop can be cited for littering based on the video evidence? I'd bet many citizens have been fined based on less evidence.

Go VOLS!

I couldn't hear any sound and my speakers seem to be working. Now it's working. That's pure harassment. Man, think of the outcome if he had been wearing a hoodie! He'd have been shot on site! I hope that officer is disciplined for show of excessive stupidity.

Avatar changed for the season. Can't wait for the first kick off.

I couldn't hear any sound and my speakers seem to be working. Now it's working. That's pure harassment. Man, think of the outcome if he had been wearing a hoodie! He'd have been shot on site! I hope that officer is disciplined for show of excessive stupidity.

Here's the cop who arrested him.

He's got a pistol on his hip, and two more mounted on his vest (one might be a stun gun), plus a bottle of pepper spray also on his hip.

think he's a little paranoid? or just a "Rambo wanna be?"

source Alachua Sheriff Dept website.
arnold_bear.jpg

+1 for your assessment. I bet when he was 13 he was having wet dreams about being a cop and arresting (or shooting) people.

Here's the cop who arrested him.

He's got a pistol on his hip, and two more mounted on his vest (one might be a stun gun), plus a bottle of pepper spray also on his hip.

think he's a little paranoid? or just a "Rambo wanna be?"

source Alachua Sheriff Dept website.
arnold_bear.jpg

+1 for your assessment. I bet when he was 13 he was having wet dreams about being a cop and arresting (or shooting) people.

My guess is he's one of those cops who's "not on the swat team"...... but....

when he's off duty goes home and puts on black PDU pants and a black T-shirt with black combat boots to 'dress all tactical' and then puts his badge on his belt and goes up to the public gym to try to impress the "ladies" on the treadmills.

I've seen it SEVERAL times before. I just laugh at it.

---------- Post added August 18th, 2013 at 06:58 PM ----------

In other news..... the list keeps growing. See #5 from last night. (early this morning)

1. Florida Gators LB Antonio Morrison arrested for barking at police dog - ESPN

2. Auburn safety Demetruce McNeal dismissed after marijuana arrest

3. Fifth Vanderbilt football player indicted in rape case

4. Ohio State Roby arrested in July on misdemeanor charges of assaulting a bar bouncer

#5 Alabama cornerback Geno Smith arrested on DUI charge

when he's off duty goes home and puts on black PDU pants and a black T-shirt with black combat boots to 'dress all tactical' and then puts his badge on his belt and goes up to the public gym to try to impress the "ladies" on the treadmills.
I had an FHP officer as a customer like that. He came in one day in a black t, black shorts, black socks, black shiny service shoes and his bat belt on. I asked him in a hushed whisper "Undercover?" and was treated to a twenty minute explanation about how he HAD to carry a fire arm at all times. It was the perfect moment to say "Lighten up Francis".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom