Diver OCD. Anybody else guilty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally I would have spent the time fine tuning the slot deburring. This can be an even more OCD pursuit. One day you will wake up and decide on a change in configuration or color and start snipping. Besides when you take your rescue diver class they're going to cut you out of the harness and then it's back to square 1.

It is a clever DIY approache to what DSS accomplishes with grommets.

I'd also watch your for crap accumulating in the puckered tubes.

Pete

A real OCD diver would replace the webbing after every dive. It's life support equipment after all.

Online now searching for bulk purchases of 100 metre 2" webbing. :D

Isn't part of the attraction of a BP/W (over a jacket-style BC) the fact that when the webbing gets worn out after thousands of dives it's simple and cheap to replace the webbing?

There I fixed it for you. I have easily 1000 dives on my bp/w. It looks great still. Granted this is mostly freshwater diving.

Wouldn't a Tec-OCD diver demand redundancy? Can the tubing be strung to act as a backup harness in case the webbing fails at depth?

Don't forget to wax your BP. this will reduce drag.

Some people cut the labels out of their undergarments, as they subscribe to the "If you don't need it, don't bring it" philosophy.

Lastly. cutting the handle off of your toothbrush is a great way to free up carry on space for dive related gear.

Or you could let the person making the plates be the OCD one spending countless hours rounding over and deburring the slots so you don't have to worry about it.

OCD never let's someone else control the outcome. Oh sure you could let someone else try to make it right but you would still have to check the final product... 17 times.

The rubber in the OP is asymmetrical. :shakehead:

I knew it!!!!!! Thanks for confirming my suspicions! Looks like I'll be hard at work again tonight with some boring rerun playing in the background so that I can concentrate on this most important event. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom