Aquarius sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best of luck to you Bruce..you ran a great shop!

Best of luck Bruce, we're going to miss you! Make sure to stop by here with some warm water pics/vids :)

Kenn,

I put a 2-1/2 minute video clip (from our trip last week to San Clemente/Catalina) up on the Monterey Bay Sea Otters page, and it must have taken 30 minutes to upload it. Clearly, that's not the way to go. Don't you usually upload to Vimeo and then put a link here? Or are you still going to YouTube?

Best of luck Bruce and Wesley!! Bruce and Wesley were so gracious to me as a new diver back in 2006 arranging a Discover Local Diving for me on a trip to Monterey. They are good people.

Best of luck, Bruce! Stopping at Aquarius for a chat has long been an important part of our pre-dive ritual!

Hey Bruce,

It all depends on your internet connection speed. A 30-min upload is totally in the ballpark for a short dive vid, and I was dealing with 1+ hour uploads until I upgraded my ISP account. I do upload straight to Youtube and post a link; both YT and Vimeo have plenty of bandwidth for uploads so the bottleneck will almost always be on our (the uploader's) end.

Do you have a link to the vid on the Sea Otter site? It'd be great to see it!

Cheers,
Kenn

Dang it all! My favorite shop changing hands! Major bummer. Such pleasant people and such a big part of the Monterey dive scene moving on. Well hey, congrats to you and all the best moving forward.

Hey Bruce,

It all depends on your internet connection speed. A 30-min upload is totally in the ballpark for a short dive vid, and I was dealing with 1+ hour uploads until I upgraded my ISP account. I do upload straight to Youtube and post a link; both YT and Vimeo have plenty of bandwidth for uploads so the bottleneck will almost always be on our (the uploader's) end.

Do you have a link to the vid on the Sea Otter site? It'd be great to see it!

Cheers,
Kenn

You can try https://www.facebook.com/groups/82397601942/. Bear in mind, though, that this is one of about 60 little clips I took which I still have hopes of putting together into a short video. In other words, this was just a little piece of raw, unedited footage.

Awesome! i love when raw footage comes out as good as that. I've not dived in SoCal very much, but I love how absolutely distinctive it is. Good vis, kelp, and garibaldi--there's no question where you are (unless you're diving inside an aquarium).

Hope you guys have a lot more time for fun dives now :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom