FYI cold water in WPB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncfnp

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Of course it can change overnight but there has been a significant thermocline this week in WPB, Florida. It's been low 70's past about 45 feet but today we hit 68 on the second dive. Fortunately it warmed back up to 70's as the dive progressed but I for one am switching to my 5 mil this weekend! Just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone diving this weekend.

Thanks. I'm scheduled to do a boat dive on Sunday so this is very helpful. How were the seas? I heard a few boats cancelled today due to sporty conditions? It's been blowing pretty hard here in Dania.

2 to 3 ft seas today off Boca. the summer cold water upwelling continues. 83 deg F on the surface...............upper 50's to low 60's beyond 250 fsw. water was green with lousy viz all the way down.

2 to 3 out of WPB too. Viz was the worst for us Wednesday. A little better each day since so hopeful for the weehend,

Confirmed. 72 degrees today in WPB with a south current. However, if you hovered 20 ft. off the bottom, it was toasty.

In Stuart the temp at 60 ft has been 62 all week.

---------- Post added August 9th, 2013 at 10:48 PM ----------

The viz in Stuart and Ft Pierce has been deteriorating the past few days. Can anyone report the viz in Jupiter?

In Stuart the temp at 60 ft has been 62 all week.

---------- Post added August 9th, 2013 at 10:48 PM ----------

The viz in Stuart and Ft Pierce has been deteriorating the past few days. Can anyone report the viz in Jupiter?
Viz ~ 35 ft today in Jupiter. Temps dropped to about 65. Diving my 3 mil made it feel like Lake Michigan!

Anyone have any predictions for pepper park tomorrow. I would think at 15-20 feet it would still be warm. Thought about trying it tomorrow but no idea what to expect temp and viz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think pepper park will have zero vis, judging by the seas today in WPB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom