Scubamax BCD's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juank

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Looking at the Integra 5000 an Integra 7000 (called Integra 2). Any advise about quality, confort and durability of this BCD Brand?

I'm looking at the same sort of question too - I don't know much about the brand and have used a couple of their bits - fins and masks were quite good. Knife was awful and started rusting before it got in the water! I've not seen any reviews of their BC's anywhere.

We carry them. We've never had complaints about them from customers. We primarily sell 5000s. We use their fins, snorkels, and masks for students and they're almost bulletproof. I personally use an SMax mask. I've never heard of a knife rusting before being exposed to water. Their knives are nice but "stainless" doesn't mean "rustproof". You have to rinse them off, just like you (hopefully) would the rest of your gear.

AFAIK ScubaMax is some kind of wholesale manufacturer. Meaning that the stuff they sell is identical to some other brand name gear, just rebranded as ScubaMax. I don't remember where I've read that though, so no references (or credibility for that matter).

I have the Integra 5000. Got me through OW and is serving well thus far. I'm planning to move to a BP/W setup soon, but it's not a reflection on the 5000...more a reflection on me wanting to drop some lead off my body.

The integrated pouches have been rock solid, never shifting even with the crazy amount of weight needed to keep me underwater. The entire BCD seems to be built like a brick outhouse...no loose threads, stretched seams, anything like that.

I've used the 5000's in my training for the past 5 years. I have not had any problems with them at all. Students are rough on equipment and these BCD's have taken it all and still look and function like new. The biggest issue I have is the weight pockets have a very specific insertion process. If you don't do it right, the pockets will most likely fall out and potentially get lost.

Back
Top Bottom