Kindle version of The Six Skills and Other Discussions released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought it to read on my iPad and have to say whoever converted it to Kindle format should be taken out to the woodshed. Same grey blobs where illustrations should be. Also, various portions of text are duplicated or out of line. Very disappointed.

I bought it to read on my iPad and have to say whoever converted it to Kindle format should be taken out to the woodshed. Same grey blobs where illustrations should be. Also, various portions of text are duplicated or out of line. Very disappointed.

Very sorry for the screw up. Conversion was done by Amazon/Create|Space. Going to take a look at an alternative.

This is not good.....I bought it to my iPad as well but was not able to open it this weekend. I suspect I will be disappointed as well then.

glad I was too busy this weekend.... Thankfully it is "free" as a Prime subscription in the Kindle Lender's Library.... but hopefully a good version can be created.

The format is a bit mixed up and the pictures don't work on the Kindle. Having said that, it is still a good book and it is easy to figure around a couple of format errors. I still recommend it. Give some great ideas to think about.

Very sorry for the screw up. Conversion was done by Amazon/Create|Space. Going to take a look at an alternative.

I have never experienced an issue like this but assume there will be means of replacing the "affected" version for those that have a messed up one so we do not need to repurchase the book, correct?

I will say I have yet to open mine (it has downloaded but I have not started it) so it is possible mine is fine but based on the comments here, I think the chances are good mine is lacking in the format field :wink:. No matter what I look forward to getting into the book. I have heard many good things about it.

I have never experienced an issue like this but assume there will be means of replacing the "affected" version for those that have a messed up one so we do not need to repurchase the book, correct?

I will say I have yet to open mine (it has downloaded but I have not started it) so it is possible mine is fine but based on the comments here, I think the chances are good mine is lacking in the format field :wink:. No matter what I look forward to getting into the book. I have heard many good things about it.

Amazon is quite consumer-centric. I'm sure they will work with you.

Amazon is very good about updating a book when something is wrong. I'm sure this will be fixed. With that said, I did not intend to suggest that there is anything wrong with the content of the book itself. I had only heard good things about it, and so far have not been disappointed. The glitches are frustrating, but do not affect the content and I have been working my way through it since I got it last week. For those that want the Kindle version and don't yet have it, I would just suggest that you hold off a bit until they get the bugs worked out.

Thanks for the feedback folks. I am in India right now and trying to get someone to redo the book for kindle but it's not going as smoothly as one might hope. A real issue are the many quote outs that are contained in the original version.... These have not come across during translation at all.

Hi,
just checked amazon and I cannot find the book in the kindle format anymore :(
I had it in paper but I lost it and thought to get it "paperless".
Has it been retired?

Back
Top Bottom