Urgently needed replacement gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've looked online and I can't find a pressure gauge with the hose for less than $90 plus shipping. If you'd be so grateful to point me to a brick and mortar store that has it for $62 I'd be Very grateful

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sorry, your IP had a gauge with a cracked face, not a gauge and hose. There are 2 pawnshops in Key West, both of which have a load of gear. 2 of my crew hauled all of our years old lost and found there last week. No doubt there were lots of gauges, hoses, regulators, etc. in the used category for you to peruse.

Thank you wookie, I'll be sure to check them out

A replacement pressure gauge should be incredibly easy to find. Any shop that calls itself a dive shop should have a pressure gauge for sale. They are rather generic. Why not call the dive shop you are planning to use in the Keys and ask if they have any for sale?

forgive me for sounding rather harsh but its a pressure gauge , something we rely on to let us know when we are running low on air yes?
so why would you want to use a secondhand gauge you can pick a gauge up for less than $80 what would you do if had a puncture and required a new tyre youd go buy a new tyre only this gauge (secondhand) that your trusting with your life could fail and cause you alot more issues
please just go buy a new gauge please for your own safety !!! do not trust a secondhand gauge it would wreck more than a weekends diving

Since you're in Orlando, check Dayo Scuba out...they have lots of tech gear... which is usually cheaper and better quality than the big name console junk.
Stuart Scuba can hook you up as well down in Stuart, FL it's just 10mins off I95.
There's the huge Diver's Direct just of I95 in West Palm as well, but expect to pay more.
...or any number of dive shops once you get into the keys.

Why do you need a new hose? is it blown too? Just buy a gauge only and save some cash.
Take your broken gauge to said dive shops and they can put a new one on for you with new o-rings and test it in shop before you go dive.

David, I PM'd you about Northeastscubasupply.com.......They have several used (naked) Sherwood psi gauges that should fit in your console.....They're easy to replace or have the dive shop do it.......

Thank you all for your suggestions and advice. The problem is solved now. 8 hours before departure too!

Those crappy plastic spg's cost that much? I gotta dig out the ones in my tote of shame from my ignorant days of diving crappy gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom