Got My OW Cert this weekend with my wife at Athens Scuba :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eleanordream

Registered
Reaction score
Well I completed my OWC this weekend with my wife at Athens Scuba Park. Everything went great. Our instructor Dean and his Divemaster Paul where awesome. They were very good at making sure everyone was safe and taking the time to help people when they had issues. They didn't hurry people through and were more than willing to take the one on one time when it was needed. Things were a little interesting in the open water due to the HUGE amounts of rain we have been getting lately, but the guys did an outstanding job of watching over everyone and and making it a very good experience for everyone involved. Calvin and Shannon and the rest of the crew were supper nice and took care of everything we needed, from mouthpieces that fit better to wet suits due to for some reason them temp deciding to deop into the 70's in JULY in Texas. I could not have asked for a better group to be learning from. The overall experience was excellent. I can't wait to move on with my training and specialty classes. Man it feels good to finally have that cert out of the way. Now to get some more.:diver:

Welcome to SB and Texas DIving.

Thanks. I can't wait to do it more and get some more Certs ASAP..

Reactions: Foo
welcome and enjoy the depths

Welcome to scubaboard and congratulations on the certification.. Be glad for the rain, the folks at athens scuba park needed it bad, it was very shallow when I dove there earlier in the year.

Congrats and welcome to the Swamp

Congrats and Welcome!

We dive ASP several times a year. The rain is truly needed. The docks on the far side of the park are almost unusable. The first step on most is out of the water but it beats sitting on the couch watching tv on a nice day. :)

Lots of fun stuff to see at Athens and the staff is always friendly and helpful.

Clear Springs in Terrell is another local park. You can drive a little farther and dive Lake Travis, Canyon Lake, Comal and San Marcos Rivers and many more local dive spots. Keep diving and developing your skills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom