How does one get certified?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIteen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
G'day gents,
I was hoping to inquire with you as to how one trains into Public Safety Diving. I have been putting off my recreational cert for a while now, but with me being a Volunteer Firefighter, I'd be keen to get certified as a PSD in-order to expand my horizons. I am going to uni in the fall, in a place that is a well known beach area, so I think the cert would do me good (linking up with vollie department there too). I am looking to go into the 'rescue' branch of Fire-EMS-- ropes, confined space, etc-- so would this compliment things?

Thanks!

contact paul.montgomery@tdisdi.com... Paul used to head up ERDI which is an agency specializing in PSD. He will put you into contact with someone local who is offering PSD training. ERDI is the agency of record for several police and state trooper dive teams as well as the RCMP and FBI... quality training.

By the way, there are several very competent FEMALE Public Safety Divers and PSD Instructors

contact paul.montgomery@tdisdi.com... Paul used to head up ERDI which is an agency specializing in PSD. He will put you into contact with someone local who is offering PSD training. ERDI is the agency of record for several police and state trooper dive teams as well as the RCMP and FBI... quality training.

By the way, there are several very competent FEMALE Public Safety Divers and PSD Instructors

Cheers for the info. Curious, what is the sticker-price on such training?

PS: Gents included both men and women (Gentlemen/Gentlewomen... not in standard use but hey I was not intending to exclude anyone!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom