Mola Mola season, Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be in Bali late July/ early August. Is there any chance I could be lucky and see Mola Mola around Pendida or in relality is this a bit too early? Thanks

Hello Scuba Girl..
Not at all.. the official mola mola season is just about to start.. countdown here : Diving Bali Sunfish Safari Dive Bali Mola Mola Bali
It will last the whole month of august, until it slowly finish around late October.

Eager to see one? https://[B]plus[/B].google.com/114751653634723491361
Lots of people have seen them during their visit here to Bali
they write blogs about it too First Intern Mola Mola sighting of the season

Hello Scuba Girl..
Not at all.. the official mola mola season is just about to start.. countdown here : Diving Bali Sunfish Safari Dive Bali Mola Mola Bali
It will last the whole month of august, until it slowly finish around late October.

Oh ! didn't know there was an official (LOL) mola² season which starts the 15th July (LOL²).

How does it work ?

There is a guy from BS at 400m deep in the channel that tells the fish to come up @ midnight the 15th to be welcomed by the hundreds of divers @ Crystal Bay ?

Amazing :)

You can see mola mola at Nusa Penida Island starting from Mid July-Aug. if you wanted you can join with us
Our office at Sanur only 40 mnt by fast boat to catch up Nusa Penida

U can actually see them all the way through to end of October. When I was there start of October I saw 9 in a week and they were coming out everywhere!

And from as early as February. All depends on the water temperature, colder the better.

I just got back from Lembongan last week, do 3 divesin Crystal Bay, Puyuk and Pura ped but just not lucky enough to encounter the Ocean Sunfish, still a great dive

The water is still way too warm at the moment ! :confused:

The good news being south Penida starts to get a bit colder (23°c @ Manta Point the day before yesterday) an we got more & more thermoclines on the north coast. Hopefully we'll start freezing soon !

Update 25/07 : water seems to get colder at last. Got 21°c @ Crystal Bay this morning, 19°c on the north coast ...

Last edited:
We saw one mola mola at Crystal Bay this afternoon just after 1 pm. Last dive of the trip and a great way to end!

Blue Corner Dive is getting a good mola hit rate on special early morning missions conducted at Blue Corner when the conditions allow. Last time 3 molas.. this morning worst case scenario of no molas but 7 giant marble rays :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom