Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strange. I just did a dive across the Strait of Juan de Fuca (Salt Creek) and visibility was terrible there too. I've never seen it like this in the Straits at this time of year. Maybe it's because we usually don't get this many sunny days in a row.

Could also be the fairly large tidal exchanges ..... there seems to have been more big changes over short periods of time this year than I've seen in a while.

C.

4-6" (that's how close I had to move my hand in front of me before I could see it) in the bay at Spring Bay today. Outside the bay farther from shore, visibility was 6 feet. Out at the base of the reefs, it was maybe 8-10'. I did see an octopus, a juvenile wolf eel and my first dogfish shark of the year.

---------- Post added July 25th, 2013 at 04:04 PM ----------

50-60' below 20-30' deep at Willis Point today. Saw 3 more dogfish so they have definitely arrived.

Dove at Tyee Cove yesterday (July 31st). Best vis I have seen in a long time. Estimate at least 50 plus feet. Sun was out and shining down to the depths. :D

Divegoose

Any updates on breakwater, Henderson, or Willis since last Swankenstein update?

Thanks.
C.

---------- Post added August 24th, 2013 at 04:36 PM ----------

Henderson Point, Saanich Inlet. Aug 23/13
0' - 5' between surface and 15'-20', then clearing up nicely (30'+) below the crap. A light is essential. Lots of moon-jellies around, not too many lions' manes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom