South Turkey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone have a recommendation as to dive spots in the south part of Turkey? Antayla, Side or Fethiye are options.

Thanks again

---------- Post added June 11th, 2013 at 05:22 PM ----------

Found a forum with the same info.. Thanks

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/central-eastern-europe/139102-diving-turkey.html

The dive sites are generally in south western Turkey.
If you go to Dalaman airport from there you can reach these locations
Kas (pronounced as kash) which is one of my faviourite not only for diving but for kayaking and hiking too. One of the top 10 hiking places of earth is considered to be the Lycian path.
There are few wrecks in Kas one of them is Dimitri Cotton (Dimitri Pamuk) it sank in 1968 visiblilty starts from 28metres the bottom of the ship should be at 40-42 meters

If you are particularly looking for wreckdiving you may visit Gallipoli
Here there is a topiv about it in the forum
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr...i-world-war-wrecks-gallipoli-dardanelles.html

For recreational diving you may also visit Marmaris. There is one red boat in the port which is one of the best guys in the region marmaris technical diving. 0090 542 344 93 03 Instructor name is Sedat I think he was ex-military Turkish equivalent to SAS or smth.

"Bodrum" south west is a nice place for partying but too many tourists ruining the peace underwater. If you do not go with a private boat the dive boats will take you the same place with 5 other diveboats with 20-30 people per each. You will end up seeing more people than fish in Bodrum.

Hello,
I would also recommend Kas. I have been there several times. In addition to the wreck indicated by Haslet, you have other spectacular sites like Tunnel and Canyon.
Visibility is usually very good.
And Kas is a great place to spend holidays. There are no big hotels/resorts and a few small hotels and pension. And there are many things to do do besides diving, not only sports activities but also visiting antic sites...
mmm, I think I need to go back there :blinking:

Back
Top Bottom