Houston diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey DeadEye! I was wondering if you'd found a new abode yet. Keep in touch, will ya?

Hi lovetodive2
I wanted to join Tom in the welcome. I read the boards a long time until Just the other day and decided to join in. I live a couple of hours north up I 45 from you.

Randy

Originally posted by lovetodive2
Hi Texas

Anyway, wanted to say hi and see if I could find some local people
to talk to. Thanks and happy diving.:)

Welcome, I would like to buddy up with someone to go rig diving sometime. Heck, any kind of diving.

Glad to have ya and the board.

Dave

Howdy lovetodive2,
Moved back from SF? I lived in SF for a while, the water was too cold and had to come back home. Welcome back to Texas!

mk

Thanks mking1. I know the water in SF is even colder then where I lived in southern Cal. I am glad to be back where the water is a little warmer. It equals a lot more diving. Hope to meet you sometime. Take care.

lovetodive2

I lived two blocks north of Chinatown on Jackson street, down in the financial district. A beautiful city with lots of interesting places and very interesting people too. Mostly I remember the micro brewers and pizzas. The Chinese food I think is better here in Houston than it was in San Francisco. Perhaps the Chinese food there was just too authentic for me. Come to think of it, I don’t remember seeing very many, if any at all, stray dogs or cats in San Francisco’s Chinatown.

I loved the diving in the Channel Islands, at least in the summer, but up in Monterey with the 55 deg water in July, well that’s just too cold for this old boy. I’m sitting here looking at the weather conditions out at the Flower Gardens on the internet and there is a Gale warning with 9 to 13 foot seas today and 8 to 10 foot tonight. Don’t think I’ll be diving this weekend. Well, that’s not unusual for this time of the year. Perhaps next week or next month I’ll get to go.

mk

Hi mking1

You make me laugh. I hear you about the dogs and Cats. My parents lived by China Town in Orange Co, Ca. There wasn't too many stray dogs/cats hanging out by their house. I loved SF when I went there. I did alot of diving in California off Catalina island, front and back. Did some camping/diving that was fantastic. Saw my first shark there too. I'll miss the California diving but I won't miss the cold water. There's really not too much I'll miss about California except the weather. I am glad to be back where it's a little warmer water. I am really not into getting cold. I look forward to diving the Flower Gardens here (but not this weekend, lol), going to Lake Travis and any other diving I can find. We are getting a pretty good group on here from Houston. Hope we can all get together soon. It's always great to meet new people and divers. I don't know anyone that dives here in Houston. Take care and have a great weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom