How to find a dive buddy in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zonicles7

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
have an opportunity to spend the first three weeks of December in Bonaire. As I am travelling alone and am an avid diver, of course I would love to dive every day. However, I don't know how to find others to dive with. Can anyone give me advice? I plan to rent a truck- s0 will have transportation.
Thanks.

Hang around the rinse tanks and look wistful (no really, it works...) I was asked twice while waiting for my buddy.

Actually just about any bar/restaurant is full of divers, Buddy's, Habitat, City Cafe in town. If you're taking the Friday night red-eye from Houston, just about everyone on the flight is a diver. We met two groups in the departure lounge, one later showed up on our dive boat. The other we ran into several times at dive sites - it's a pretty small island.

Just about everybody is either a diver or with a diver. At any of the dive resorts. I met one non-diver couple at Habitat's restaurant and they were interested in trying it so asked me questions - I likely had a dive tee on at the time.

If you do any boat diving, they'll buddy you up. If there's no other single divers, the DM becomes your buddy. There's one in the water on every dive - sometimes two.

When it gets nearer post in our Bonaire forum. You may find someone there at the same time. Bonaire

Also on bonairetalk.com.

In the past I have had good luck looking for buddies on Bonairetalk. Just be honest with your skills and how you like to dive.

I dove with people I found on Bonairetalk and also with people I found on Dive Buddy.com

Dive friends Bonaire can usually set you up with a buddy. I'd check the other dive shops as well. I think some of them have bullitin boards. Also, BonaireTalk as others have suggested. I've never had that problem as I almost always dive solo.

Is buddy really necessary? I mean is there any scuba police that is ensuring that you abide by the buddy law?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom