Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys should be *ashamed* of yerselves for not getting up there more often. Who *knows* how many *other* cool critters have passed through the area without getting documented and shared with me??[/QUOTE]

This from the guy that finds spotted bumblebee shrimp and juvenile big eyes???
think we may need to revisit the accusation about someone from Georgia buying exotic tropicals on his way down to the bridge.....
Now cull all those butt shots! you have plenty of keepers to post!:D
John

Any update on the viz?

Jimw & I went today. Viz was a very sandy 10/15' declining on the incoming tide. But still saw lots of good stuff. Just got to concentrate on what is under you when viz is not so good. Definately a nav dive. But, we are ready to go back. Made the usual stop in Force E to get air and ran into Dan Volker. Looks like he is trying to get some good things going for BHB with the help of the guys at Force E. Love you guys!

---------- Post added July 10th, 2013 at 05:23 PM ----------

I volunteer to kite the flag... :/

Well then, how can we resist that. Anytime someone else will kite the flag I'm game. Need to arrive early to get a parking place. There will be plenty of divers there getting their "sand diver" or "bottom crawler" specialities. :)

J

Well then, how can we resist that. Anytime someone else will kite the flag I'm game. Need to arrive early to get a parking place. There will be plenty of divers there getting their "sand diver" or "bottom crawler" specialities. :)

I'm low man on the totem pole, ill be volunteered if I don't volunteer first :)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

LOL.. the group decided because of your skill level to give you a "fast pass" and let you be in the rotation for flag kiteing.... hope you don't whine as much as jimw does when it is his turn.. :D

LOL.. the group decided because of your skill level to give you a "fast pass" and let you be in the rotation for flag kiteing.... hope you don't whine as much as jimw does when it is his turn.. :D

Oh cool, I get to take turns! :) you shouldn't have said anything. I figured I was it until I found some other sucker to dive with us. Heh

Besides, that last dive was practice for kiting in a tropical storm.

I'll be ready with the smb on the drift dive too.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Joy - I have a fairly comprehensive species list that was passed out at the proposed marine park meeting a few years ago. It's in PDF format so not sure how to post here. Maybe Jenny can help me when I get home from Ecuador. Not only is she a defender of wildlife/lionfish slayer, she's also a computer whiz. Otherwise pm me your email & I'll just send it to you.

jet
May I get in on that offer? :d

The viz at 70 ft on a wreck dive in fort lauderdale was very good, an easy 60 ft viz, blue water. Almost no current
and 81 degrees on the wreck. Three goliaths and of course a few pesky lionfish. The conditions overall on the wreck
were as good as I have seen on a wreck in a long time. Viz still pretty fair on the shallower reef dive, maybe 40 ft or so.
Hopefully we will get some of that nice water at the bridge.

:D
More usual suspects from recent dives at BHB complements of my flag sherpa, spotter, photographer....
If only she would edit video :eyebrow:
John
Jet- count me in on that comprehensive list

Attachments

• BHB-9315.jpg
    BHB-9315.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 78
  • BHB-9340.jpg
    BHB-9340.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 76
  • BHB-9386.jpg
    BHB-9386.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 79
  • BHB-9433.jpg
    BHB-9433.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 87
  • BHB-9473.jpg
    BHB-9473.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 91
  • BHB-201301278405.jpg
    BHB-201301278405.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 85
  • BHB-201301278418.jpg
    BHB-201301278418.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 74
  • BHB-201301278339.jpg
    BHB-201301278339.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 75
  • BHB-201306238551.jpg
    BHB-201306238551.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 84
  • BHB-201303099437.jpg
    BHB-201303099437.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
For everyone who's requested the species list I will email when I get home from Ecuador next week. I should be back in town by 7/19 unless we get stuck in El Salvadore again.

For those of you questioning two weeks in Ecuador:

image.jpg

Nuff said.

Hope your having a great trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom