Phantom Hoses are made in China.

Do you feel safe with Chinese Hoses?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, those who rushed to the defense of this product would be interested to know that my HP Phantom failed catastrophically in the Florida keys last week, it blew at the joining of the metal and braiding by the 1st stage. Feel safe now with your Engrish hose?

And now i find it's been recalled.

Innovative Scuba Phantom High Pressure Hose Recall

Even stranger, as I have 2 I'm sending it back and their recall form is a direct clone of the MiFLex one, except in word. They obviously are just some shack in china that slavishly copies.

I had tossed my LP one (that caused this thread) with the engrish but stupidly kept the HP as I was already pissed at havign to send back the Miflex.

Things I find interesting:

* Your only posts here have been about these hoses
* Post #5 you say you already tossed them, and go on to say that it was the HP hose you were worried about
* Of all the hoses out there, you are one of the few to have a failure on a hose you said you threw away but now say you didn't.

Many manufacturers have recalls from time to time, and I do not minimize the issue. It does, however, seem to me that there is a backstory / agenda here that is not being shared.

As to the CE mark, it's lack means nothing except its lack. My company has been making protective equipment for EOD techs for many years with great success and only obtained a CE certification for the first time a few months ago. Nothing has changed in the product. Should our customers not have bought before we were CE certified?

Crap can be manufactured anywhere. So can quality product. China has seen its share of both, but the same is true of both NA and Europe as well.

Well, those who rushed to the defense of this product would be interested to know that my HP Phantom failed catastrophically in the Florida keys last week, it blew at the joining of the metal and braiding by the 1st stage. Feel safe now with your Engrish hose?

And now i find it's been recalled.

Innovative Scuba Phantom High Pressure Hose Recall

Even stranger, as I have 2 I'm sending it back and their recall form is a direct clone of the MiFLex one, except in word. They obviously are just some shack in china that slavishly copies.

I had tossed my LP one (that caused this thread) with the engrish but stupidly kept the HP as I was already pissed at havign to send back the Miflex.

Obviously...??

Well, that is a coincidence isn't it...Sorry but your one reported failure does not change my view. Im sure I can find someone somewhere to report at least one failure on every hose ever manufactured from every country in the world.

There's only one thing for it, dive hose-less.

havign? is that "engrish".

When you find a hose that has never failed please let us know and I'll switch to that brand.

Objecting to the poor English in the document makes me laugh. I have a Japanese camera -- I don't think anybody would argue that the Japanese make poor photographic goods, but the manual on the camera is almost unintelligible in places. I don't judge the quality of goods by the quality of the translators the company employs.

反對文檔中的英文不好,讓我發笑。我有一個日本的相機 - 我不認為有人會說,日本使貧困攝影產品,但手冊在相機上幾乎是不可理解的地方。該公司僱用的翻譯人員的質量,我無法判斷商品的質量。

"Of all the hoses out there, you are one of the few to have a failure on a hose you said you threw away but now say you didn't."
I tossed the LPs as stated very clearly above., I kept an older HP I had installed after the MiFlex was recalled. I never mentioned tossing a HP... scroll is your friend.

I'm not sure why you think there's something else at work here, guy buys hose with very strange safety label, guy gets worried especially given it has no CE mark and a manufacturer who had it was already experiencing major failings (Miflex) - what more do I need to be worried.

I'm glad you find it interesting that these were my first posts here, I assume when you first used this board you started at post 6 and never had a 1-5? Sadly I don't have access to the mysql to start at post 6.

Crap CAN be made anywhere - in this case I find Innovative Scuba Concepts/Phantom CRAP clones. (re clones - you did check out those rma forms..?)

---------- Post Merged at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:22 PM ----------

You think it is okay to say
Careless to clean hose inside and transfer breathing gas too fast might cause personal wound or hose burst / burn
High pressure breathing gas transfer too fast might invite liquid vaporize and high heat will burst / burn the hose immediately.
and that doesn't dent product safety confidence (which has since been borne out).
on Life Support Equipment?

We are not talking about a camera. Your camera is not going to kill you.

I just had my Phantom LP hose go on me last week during an overseas dive trip. I noticed on the surface fortunately enough. Now I'm stuck on wether to replace or go with a true MiFlex hose. I'll post on whether the warranty extends past two years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom