Setting white balance with the Equinox hd 6 housing and the canon Vixia HFG10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaab

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have just recently upgraded my camera to the VixiaHFG10 in an equinox hd 6 housing. DOes anybody know how to deal with the white balance on this set up.

Thanks

I believe they just have "mechanical controls" which allow you to use the touchscreen to get to the WB settings. In my experience with another housing, not a trivial task at depth.

I have just recently upgraded my camera to the VixiaHFG10 in an equinox hd 6 housing. DOes anybody know how to deal with the white balance on this set up.

Thanks

Hey Scubaab,

Do you have the white balance button installed on the housing from the manufacturer? I think if you buy stock from like amazon or retailers, you might not have the MWB which means AutoWB for your dives videos and post production color balancing.

I have the HD6 for Sony CX130 housing with the custom additional button on the housing, and before you close the housing, you need to go into the camera menu then select "settings", white balance, select manual white balance and then close the housing and dive. There is a MWB icon that comes up and stays on the touch screen and then you mechanically activate the touchscreen icon with the dedicated mechanical control. You cannot switch the camera on after in the housing, as you cannot get access to the white balance setting, i probably should have added another button to access the menu from outside the housing.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

scubaab,

Let me try and help you step by step.

First when you put the camera on the tray you should have the LCD screen flipped over and propped open using the pin on the camera tray to leave it open.
Second, After installing the camera inside of the housing look to see where the controls line up on the lcd screen for white balance. They will be labeled on the outside of the housing.
Normally with the HF G10 you can set the second function button on the lcd screen to One Push white balance. That function will take you to the next menu on the LCD screen where you will want to hit the set white balance button.
You should only have to hit two buttons in order to custom white balance the camera. If this does not help please feel free to call into our office and I can help you further in person. Our number is 1-888-GET-UWHD.

I hope this was helpful.

Cheers!!

Back
Top Bottom