Whizzing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerryjerry05

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I drink 1 cup of coffee in the am. and a small OJ.
I get in the river and snorkle for a few minutes,then I have to pee.
In the hour I'm in I must pee about 5 times or more.Then the rest of the day I have to GO more than I normally do.
This is NO joke. Serious replys.Please.

I'm not saying you don't have any medical issues.....maybe you do. But frequent urination while diving, especially after drinking a diuretic (coffee) is very common. I pee A LOT when I dive. I free dive a LOT and I pee about 15 times a day, but I also drink about half gallon of water during the day. The I come home and drink another half gallon,
Not sure why but being wet and cold makes me pee. I used to harvest shallow prawn ponds in Hawaii and peed a lot then. A bit cold and sometimes shivering....
Perhaps it's the body's way of using less energy. It dumps off fluid so it burns less fuel keeping warm? I'm no doctor but my sisters are nurses and my dad was a doctor. :D

If you drink more waste drinks (coffee, soda, sweet tea, diet soda, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages etc.) than you do plain water you will pee more because there is literally no hydration to be had whatsoever from any of these drinks.

Whereas, if you drink water, your body absorbs this water and uses it to hydrate your muscles and perform needed body functions. You will pee more often if you are well hydrated, mainly because there is a constant "flushing out" of contaminants and waste due to high consumption of water. This will make your piss cloudy at first due to the initial flushing effects of drinking lots of water, but eventually your urine will become and stay clear.

Anyways, I work out regularly. In order to compensate for fluids I will lose during a lift or workout, I drink 1 liter of Smart Water (I like the taste, as well as the added benefits of the electrolytes that are in it- I feel more energized after drinking a bottle) and a Gatorade (gives loads of electrolytes and dextrose, both playing a vital role in muscle hydration and energy)

STAY HYDRATED and you will be healthier. And stop drinking junk drinks. Water and Gatorade. Your body will thank you for it.

And the reason you pee after snorkeling/diving was mentioned earlier. Immersion diuresis

My life story (nothing to do with diving or age--must go every 1/2 hr. --1 hr.), having a super sensitive bladder (I take pills). If you're diving wet (no pun intended!), you can make your own external catheter (I assume you're male by your username). Need the proper flexibility on the hose (not too weak or stiff) and water proof tape. Doesn't work in water (of any depth) but you can go just before entry (AFTER gearing up) and right after exiting water. Works MOST of the time. Won't get into results when it doesn't work...) See your Dr. and maybe get those pills (Oxybutinen). I see you are in FL-- What's the problem??? Just wear a shortie, body suit or bathing suit -- there's always a way without peeing your suit, unless it is a thick one with pants.

I find immersion diuresis combined with some coffee or diet coke tends to make me pee multiple times per dive. Heck, I use it as a reminder to check my SPG :)
Topside, if I drink only water, I am perfectly normal (2-4 hours between pit stops).

If you drink more waste drinks (coffee, soda, sweet tea, diet soda, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages etc.) than you do plain water you will pee more because there is literally no hydration to be had whatsoever from any of these drinks.

While I would generally agree that plain water is better in most senses than water containing other drinks, the fact is that water-containing other drinks do a fine job of providing water, because our bodies are perfectly capable of taking what they need from ingested material, including water from Gatorade, or water from tea, or water from Diet Soda, water from Smart Water, etc., etc.

The diuretic side effects of certain things added to the water are worth being careful of, but caffeineated drinks, for instance, have been found to have very limited diuretic effects for bodies used to them.

:shakehead: FUD.

Thanks all.

No problem. We need a good pee thread or adventures with condom catheters to balance out the spare air / pony threads that get way too serious.

Reactions: Doc
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom