Which association to instruct for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The lists of associations are quite long when I started thinking about going for the dive master. I now have the chance to do so with an SSI Instructor. I want to complete the DM first, take it for a spin, and look into instructing. My question for you guys is which is the best company to start ranking up in? If I do decided to pursue the diving industry as a career, what company would be the best to land me a job in or outside of the states? The most widely accepted if you will. Maybe it's a pro and con kinda thing? Someone lay this bag of snakes out straight for me!

Thanks for any input

Scott

heu Scott
if your going into the dive industry if you go the PADI route 1st then other crossovers are very easy and quick eg to go SSI is a short quiz but never let your PADI status laps if you then go tech ways go TDI SDI IANTD etc just my opinion

heu Scott
if your going into the dive industry if you go the PADI route 1st then other crossovers are very easy and quick eg to go SSI is a short quiz but never let your PADI status laps if you then go tech ways go TDI SDI IANTD etc just my opinion

That's my path. Currently doing the SSI crossover. Pretty straight forward. Books were $700 though....

Are you in Hawaii (BIG_KAHUNA)?

I'd go PADI for a better chance of getting a job. I don't think there's any NAUI shops in the islands and at least on Maui - the only SSI shop is Maui Dive Shop. My nephew is working towards his SSI Instructor and checked into relocating there - he found he'd likely need to be PADI to get work.

All the websites have dealer locators. I'd look at who is dominant where you live/plan to work. It's been my experience that that's usually PADI - at least in the States/Caribbean.

I'm SSI so I tend to notice - so are the Aggressor live aboards...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom