Lionfish Trap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That'll never control them. The only, I repeat, the ONLY way we'll ever get them under control is if we spread a rumor that lionfish is an aphrodisiac.
...in the Far East. (Fixed it for you).

You're a bit late to the party. Several restaurants on Cozumel are serving them, and they are delicious.

That said, it's at best a holdback strategy; lionfish live and breed prolifically in places where they cannot be harvested.

If it is a trap that works, it can be put a depths that the divers can't go or stay long enough to kill many. And the traps could be hauled like crab pots to follow the fish.

That'll never control them. The only, I repeat, the ONLY way we'll ever get them under control is if we spread a rumor that lionfish is an aphrodisiac.

Or perhaps taste like Bacon !!!! 😀

It's not a rumor, or conjecture, or false to say that Lion Fish filets are a good aphrodisiac.
IT IS A FACT!

I offer the following.....

I hunt them almost exclusively.
My wife like fresh fish and LOVES to eat Lions.
Good things happen in the evening when I bring them home after a great day diving.
There is no disputing this.

Chug
Lost 4 of 6 yesterday to a 4' Reefie.

Back
Top Bottom