Citizen 20th Anniversary Aqualand Eco-Drive Edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ended up buying the 20th Anniversary Aqualand

Does anyone know if it has a Nitrox function? Taking the Nitrox course. If there's no function, I'm I SOL than using the watch if I dive Nitrox?

I ended up buying the 20th Anniversary Aqualand

Does anyone know if it has a Nitrox function? Taking the Nitrox course. If there's no function, I'm I SOL than using the watch if I dive Nitrox?

No nitrox. Nor are you SOL. You'll just be diving a more conservative profile. I wouldn't substitute this watch for a regular DC anyway.

I am very much a novice and a holiday warrior, so until now I have been relying on the divemaster to keep an eye on me and to provide me with the dive data.

Since my last dives in the Red Sea I’ve decided that I needed some form of control and registration for the most important diving data but I didn’t think that I wanted to buy a dive computer that I would still be using on a few dives a year only. So I decided to buy a watch wich will ALSO provide me the basic information, control and alarms.

The fact that this watch doesn’t do nitrox doesn’t bother me (yet) I don’t either!

Someone has commented on this watch having downloading capabilities, and unless I am wrong (please correct me if I am) I don’t think there is any way to connect this watch to a computer by wire or any other method.

The good news is that there have been many new products released with nitrox and download capability in the 5 years since this thread was posted

yes, but none, is a an analog watch ( which can be easily used for daily surface purposes) with some digital diving functions, like the one which is the object of the thread I believe.

If that is not the case, do you care to tell us which?

This is not a watch but it does record and download data.
DiveNav - Products - bluebuddy

I still use my Citizens on every dive. Love it.

The 20th Anniversary Aqualand is NOT a dive computer. It is merely a depth gauge and timer, so it will not calculate no deco limits or anything. It also does not have download functions. It does have an ascent, depth and time alarm which are handy.

I have had one since they came out, and I love it, but I also wear a separate computer. I use it more for tech diving as a backup.

Got to agree with OBXDIVEGUY. I have one and love it BUT I would never depend on it for anything other than its cool factor. There is no tissue loading, no NDL's, a very limited log library, etc. It does do dive time very nicely. It is not a cheap watch so if your really looking for a more comprehensive wrist mount - I would do more looking.

True, it is not a computer but I don't think it was ever represented as one. I find it easy to use diving for depth, dive time and clocking my stops.

If anyone is looking to purchase one of these, I have a brand new, never worn 20th anniversary with the aqualand tank and all. Email me back and I will give you all the info and send some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom