Where to dive in Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I Just returned from three weeks in the PI (Anilao and Sabang outside Puerto Galera). Sharks in those sites are essentially non-existent. Never saw one and the guides tell me a sighting is very rare. Anilao is for muck diving... soft substrate that can affect visibility (still fairly good though) with LOTS of critters, mostly macro. Sabang had a mix of coral reefs and some muck. I can't say anything for other sites in the PI as I have yet to visit them but hope to try a few in the future.[/QUOT

If you are looking for sharks in Anilao, I sometimes see sharks at Mainit point or Mapating . These are the only place I know of that you can see sharks. But were you not able to dive at sharks cave in PG. There are definitley sharks in that divesite.

I've been at Malapascua for over three months now. I've dived Monad Shoal many times, and failed to see thresher sharks just once. However other groups diving on that day, a little further down the Shoal, did see them. Monad has beautiful eel gardens and many smaller creatures that are worth looking at, once the shark part of the dive has finished. From Malapascua I've also visited Kimud Shoal where hammerhead sharks can be seen and Gato Island which has white-tips. There are macro dives, reefs and a couple of wrecks one can dive from here. I haven't been anywhere else in the Philippines so can't comment on the rest of the place, but I haven't been bored with the diving here. I've been with Thresher Shark Divers, they run daily trips to Monad Shoal and two or three a week to Gato. Love it here!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom