Question about air2's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well thanks guys----My dive buddys all think I'm insane. Dove with the air 2 today. And the octi still on my rig. I figure I'll do a couple of dives before chopping the octi hose off.

I think I've mentioned this before on this thread, but don't chop it off - move the octo to a pony bottle and dive that way. I do, so does my wife (upside down pony in yellow next to the 100's tank boot in black). Two birds with one stone....

BTW, no scuba police have said that you can't use your Air2 as your primary - it is after all a perfectly good functional reg that I bet my life on...(talk about opening a can of worms!)

Attachments

• MVI_5788_0001.jpg
    MVI_5788_0001.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 121
This one time, on Cozumel, we dove with a fellow who had an AirII, an octo and a long hose on his TransPac...

I'm just sayin...
but doesn't EVERYBODY dive with Octo,air2,dual ponies (one for your dive buddy)spare mask,spare snorkle,dive flag and smb,full Full rig hanging at 5.0m below the dive boat,locator unit,Two computers as well as slates.
SURELY with just a tank regulator fins and mask you will die right away.:D

but doesn't EVERYBODY dive with Octo,air2,dual ponies (one for your dive buddy)spare mask,spare snorkle,dive flag and smb,full Full rig hanging at 5.0m below the dive boat,locator unit,Two computers as well as slates.
SURELY with just a tank regulator fins and mask you will die right away.:D

Excellent point. Forget this scuba sh$t. This is the way to go U.S. Submarines

So I have a rookie question. Can you dive with an air2 AND have an octo? Not saying you would want to but could you? Still learning about the equipment side of things so be gentle.

I have both. No big deal. It came with the BC. I could've take the Air2 off, but it's a perfectly good inflator and having it saved a dive for me this spring. My primary was diving wet after service, so I used my octo and still had a functioning alternate. C'est la vie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom