stealth 2.0 can light mounting question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
I am primarily diving lp 85's from faber in a drysuit. After several pool sessions I purchased the optional butt plate for the stealth. I am using a hollis led 15 (the short can) for my primary light and am having some issues mounting it in the traditional sidemount position on the crotchstrap with the door handles getting in the way. How are people mounting their can lights. I am tempted to put it back on the waistband.

I mount mine to my door handles using bolt snaps. It hangs below my butt and offers a lower. Nothing wrong with waist mounting it though if it does not get in your way.

Do you use the door handles for tanks also, or hip rings of some sort?

On a side note. My butt plate came with three washer. I assume I am missing one and you need need one on each side (front and back) for proper assembly.

I use the door handles for tanks as well.

It does sound like a washer is missing. You can more then likely pick up a stainless washer at a home improvement store for cheap.

Mounting your light off the doors handles depends how tall you are and how long you cable is. I'm 6'1" and my Hollis light cable was to short and since I had the 16 watt 1st generation it just so happens the Light Monkey has the parts to extend the cable to 51 inches and turn fitting on the canister to 90 degrees.

So where do you mount your light with the lightmonkey extended parts then. If off the d handles can you further explain the connection point?

---------- Post added May 15th, 2013 at 08:12 PM ----------

Also, If anybody else has the butt plate, could you please count how many washer you used and report back. Thanks!

This may work for you . 574671_413128628748921_421140800_n.jpg207926_413128648748919_1162994222_n.jpg

If you're planning on fitting through small holes, I wouldn't do it this way. It's begging for you to to get keyed in.

Point taken.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom