Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heres my find from this past friday may 24th 2013 2013-05-26 19.15.47.jpg2013-05-26 19.16.04.jpg

My Sonand I went out Sunday for a 1 tank dive on the Cooper. Didn'tdo that well, but had a good time, Vis was Bad and didn't find many teeth.
DSC00811.jpgDSC00812.jpg

For me, Joe, having a good time is the biggest part of it. People have all sorts of motivations. I enjoy finding a grand sharks tooth or fossil or artifact of significance, but I would prefer to have a "good" day on the water. If I have a good day and have some good finds then that is wonderful. Good to hear you are active this season. I am planning to go out on Phils boat this coming Saturday. We will be scuba fossiling the Edisto river. I went out a week back and had a good day. All went well for me personally. Phil and Mike were overwhelmed by strong current they fell into and it induced a significant amount of stress. It was amazing how fast it happened and how I did not realize what was going on until it was over and they were suffering the overheating aftermath. All worked out well but it was touch and go there for about 15 minutes. There are some gravel beds in the Edisto that show LOTS of promise. Some of the gravel beds are much heavier than anything I have ever seen in over 100 fossil dives in the Cooper. Its in one of these heavy beds that I found a pristine 4x7 Mastodon tooth. I am looking forward to this coming weekend

Found June 19th 2011 Edisto River SC
100_8536.jpg

Well Lee, Sunday for my Son and I was the first Fun dive of the year, and you are right, a good day diving with good friends for fun is always good, even better when you find something special. I dove Memorial weekend, but as you know not for fun. Anyway not a bad dive Sunday, Vis wasn't good and current was ripping, but still good to get in the water. Sounds like You, Phil, and Mike are on to a good spot. I have got to find so time to join ya'll on the Edisto. It's been a couple of years since I've been in the Edisto and would love to dive it again. So you guys give me a couple of weeks and I'm going to be calling you. Good Luck this weekend.

My dives went off without a hitch. First drop was a cinch. I had my newly fabricated dive light helmet on, so I had "lumens" in front of my face. The water was hardly moving in the first spot, so I settled onto the sandy bottom easy as pie. Found plenty of gravel so I started my hunt. Got cold a little early so I bailed, hoping for some warm sunshine, but no such luck. It was chilly for some odd reason. Started warming within the hour. Dropped on the second sight with ease. I knew I had to hug the edge because the water was hauling ass 15 feet from the edge. Settled down and monkeyed with my leaky mask and finally found the tightness was causing leakage. Then started following an excellent gravel path but it headed into the fast water. I could not tolerate the speed of the water so I moved to the right a foot or so and the speed slowed significantly. So, bottom line, the heart of bed was untouchable, until another day when the water slows. The water speed is perfect at the moment. I hope it holds till Saturday

Joe, would love to meet up with you and your boy and the rest of the gang and get some diving in. My dive helmet worked like a charm, but I added a GoPro camera to it and it stopped working. I sent it back to GoPro to have it fixed since it is a new Hero3 camera. I really want to record some dives so others can "experience" our dive world. I will say though that our second dive was not for the camera's, heavy currents, about 8" of viz. but dang was the gravel big. I want to revisit that site when the water level goes down and I am not fighting the current so much.

I will be in Chattanooga on the 8th, and will not return untill the 9th so my next available dive would be the 15th-16th of June.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom