What is the most daft thing you have took down or brought up from a Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny you should ask. I was just hired to pull a 150hp outboard motor out of a local lake. I will be going out there this week. They claim to know it's approximate location. I hope so, needle in the haystack and all that.

i dont know if it is the most daft thing but on a dive last summer we were diving in the harbour
of our town and i came across a large bell ,
wonderning how to get the thing off bottem i decided to tie a small marker to it
so that i could find it agin now forgetting that everything is 25% bigger underwater
i hire out a local lobster fishing boat with a good wench system , i procced to tell the
fisherman that the bell is at least 3 ft tall and 3 ft wide solid brass.
well we imeaditly headed for the marker i took the leading rope down with me passed it through the
hole in the center of the bell and headed back up ,
apon the surface and abord the boat the captin hauled up the bell
it was a bell from a harbour bell bouy 2 ft high and maby 2 ft wide not as big as i remembered on bottem!
mind you we had a laugh at the size diff but there it still sits in the back yard of my old dive buddie
a brass bell weighing in at 175 lbs

Kinda qualifies....

Butch103 and I were diving a wreck of Kingston and he got me to stand behind the ship's wheel so he could take my picture with his new camera. It was a floating camera and had floated away from around his neck. In about 3 minutes the last 2 divers off the boat swam over and tapped Tim on the shoulder and offered him his camera back! It had floated to surface near the dive boat and the deck hand had spotted it and snagged it out of the water.

I almost spit out my reg laughing so hard.

Dave

It's funny NetDoc should mention TexasMike. The Swampsters were diving at Lake Travis when he brought up some ridiculous looking thing like a big drain pipe, and with a big smile on his face like he had done something grand. (Sorry Mike) Silly, real silly!

Well, the weirdest thing was a credit card - had a womans name on it though, so much for trying to keep her from spending money I guess...
The womens underwear I'm still looking for the owner for...
Apply in person ready to dive.

Big T

St. Croix's cruise ship pier is huge. I've found all sorts of stuff: clothes, car keys, fishing rods and nets, jewelry, hats, sunglasses, expensive dive knives, brand new wrenches and other tools, a box of beautiful wine glasses, and even some money.
Once I was following a diver who rushed to grab a rusty, broken screwdriver, like it was made of gold. It'd been there for weeks. After a few kicks, he looked at his prize, swam a bit further, looked at it again, and with a shrug, tossed it away. Perhaps beauty changes in the eye of the beholder, haha

Hey , thanx for all the amusement everyone ....seems everyone has there moment eh ?!?!?
but the drain pipe.....ummm ....lol
but hey ...its all fun !!!
any more?

A few golf balls and once one of the small curling horns with a rubber bladder to use as a bicyckle horn!

Then of cource theres the slightly burned human lower jaw found in our stone age site - and together with other remains of meals!

:whoa:

Make you wonder?

Pia

In Rhode Island, I found a rusty, barnacled steel wheelbarrrow wheel...
Sold it to a local nautical antique store for $15...

Dad and I were claming one day and he hands me a beer bottle from 1860...We got our picture in the town paper. :D

Cheers,
Warren

on Saturday, someone at the location where I was helping found an 8-track tape. The labels were worn away, so I have no idea what the music was. Our teenage helpers from the local high school had no idea what this historical object was. I am not sure if this one won the "Most Useless" award or not, but I thought it was a strong contender...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom