leaking inner bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the dealer in cayman isnt the most customer oriented person and his service suck! :(

It would cost slightly more than 4 bucks to call from cayman to the US!

$4 is not much to get the problem fixed. I have had many companies not respond to emails, but were very fast in handling problems over the phone.

the dealer in cayman isnt the most customer oriented person and his service suck! :(

It would cost slightly more than 4 bucks to call from cayman to the US!

It sounds like the problem might be with you.... You posted and in less than 24 hours they respond.... Told you to send them the wing for inspection... You don't.... Asked that you call them at her phone number.... You say you can't because you work everyday all day and it's too costly....:amazed:

When someone tells you to bring it to the dive-rite dealer to help with the wing warranty... You say they are not customer friendly and their service sucks...
Then you bad mouth them in the thread !!! I think you need to look in the mirror and rethink this.... I don't even own one piece of Dive-Rite equipment, but they seem to be a " VERY Customer friendly Company " and would buy a dive-rite product if needed just on the way they handled this....:wink:

Jim....

DiveRite has incredible customer service, period.

Here is your resolution path:
1) Call DiveRite and talk to John, Mike, or Kathleen
2) Get Return Authorization Number
3) Use cardboard, tape and pen to package, seal, and address a box containing your item for repair
4) Write Return Authorization Number on the box
5) Wait for shipping...
6) DR will call and tell you what is wrong with the gear, whether it's warrantied, and how much (if anything) it will cost to fix
7) DR will fix/replace the replacement parts (same day)
8) Wait for shipping...
9) Install new part
10) Happy Diving

We all secretly want to learn you spent $400 on another wing just to stick it to yourself. I know surgeons who have enough time to call DR and get a Return Authorization number in between patients. Give me a break.

its 60 bucks each way to ship it to FL. Another 20 for the call.... its international.... plus the price of the bladder that I was gonna buy til he stopped responding (90 bucks) and it takes about 1.5 months or 2 just for shipping..... Working as an instructor full time... I don't see how it's gonna work out. its 250 bucks, for that price I can get a new wing!

Then just order a new bladder from DR customer service and they'll ship it to you.

No phone calls, one way shipping, no problem. It's pretty clear you're in your own way.

if your a full time instructor in cayman get it ready to ship and give it to a guest!!!! buy him a beer to say thanks!! that how we do it!!!
they are only to happy to help out!!!
its not difficult!!!

I also having an inner leak I think. I had fully inflated my wing and left it to dry, after 2 days later, it's deflated by 10%. Had tighten all the valve and it's still the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what happened in the end?

As another poster posted DR customer service is some of the best in the diving world I'd be more than surprised if they don't sort it out for you....if you give/gave them a chance.

One thing that annoys me on this board sometimes is when people come on strong, bad mouth a company but then never follow up, particularly when the issue was resolved to satisfaction.

---------- Post added March 19th, 2014 at 05:32 AM ----------

I also having an inner leak I think. I had fully inflated my wing and left it to dry, after 2 days later, it's deflated by 10%. Had tighten all the valve and it's still the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a very small slow leak, you'd likely not notice that on a 1hr dive. Personally it wouldn't worry about it. You could fill your bath up, inflate wing and look for bubbles. Often the culprit is either the inflator unit or the gasket on the OPV or elbow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom