Dive Light Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the UK c8. I've not had any trouble out of it. If your just doing a few night dives here and there, I think its a good chose that won't break the bank.

check out the light n motion SOLA LIGHT range the savings on batteries messy charging batteries leaking O rings (sealed unit and simple plug in charger unit) etc simple!!!

How about the FINN 1400 Smart, any opinions, I can purchase one new for about 330 euro here in Dahab?
any opinions would greatly be appriciated

FWIW, you can get a really good home built canister light right here on ScubaBoard for about $200 USD. I bought mine a few months ago and have a couple dozen dives on it and I love it.

FWIW, you can get a really good home built canister light right here on ScubaBoard for about $200 USD. I bought mine a few months ago and have a couple dozen dives on it and I love it.

Yea man, thats great and all but at 100+ meters I dont want a home made light to be my primary means off communication with support divers.

Yea man, thats great and all but at 100+ meters I dont want a home made light to be my primary means off communication with support divers.

Your needs are likely not the same as the OPs and the focus of this thread. In fact your needs are not likely the same as the majority of divers given your stated depth of 100+ meters.

Are you familiar with the home made light being mentioned? I'm not sure that just because a light is "home made" it instantly precludes it from greater than recreational depths.

Out of curiosity what lights do you use? Or would you recommend?

That's why you have 2 backups. The DRIS 1000 is great light and it's the same emitter (Cree XM-L T6) only aircraft aluminum, 3C and simple twist on. A perfrect backup light. I know "home built" sounds scary but the lights he are putting out are solid. They might not be machined delrin and have an expensive brandname on them but they work.

Light emitter and battery chemistry has improved to the point that charging $800 - $1000 for a dive light is disgusting.

[video=youtube;n1xqsnkKqps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1xqsnkKqps&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
My husband asked for an Underwater Kinetics light for his birthday. His current dive light is terrible and a buddy of his let him use this one on a dive. He thought it was great.
You received a lot of feedback, and the thread went off on its own. But, I would love to know what you ultimately decided to do. I presume from you last May post that you got the UK pistol grip light. By any chance did you get the 'lantern' attachment accessory?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom