The Scuba Snobs' Guide to Diving Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I loved both books and would recommend everyone to read them :) i prefer the ebook format - harder to get wet on the boat!

Some additional reviews can be seen at amazon.co.uk, where book 1 is certainly preferred over book 2, but I have no idea why. Most people we talk to enjoy both of them!
DivemasterDennis

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm! There's nothing as refreshing and satisfying after a boat dive than a smooth Marlboro Light while sitting at the front of the dive boat, talking to the boat captain on the long ride back to the dive shop. But I never light up until I've had the chance to critique everyone elses underwater skills while they admire me in my speedo that I've had for 20 years.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm! There's nothing as refreshing and satisfying after a boat dive than a smooth Marlboro Light while sitting at the front of the dive boat, talking to the boat captain on the long ride back to the dive shop. But I never light up until I've had the chance to critique everyone elses underwater skills while they admire me in my speedo that I've had for 20 years.

Austin Powers 1.jpg

Oh Behave !!!!

Dennis,
I just saw your blog about latest Doctor visits. Will I See you at Aurora Res. this summer? If not I will miss those early morning chats before the crowds arrive. I wish you a speedy and complete recovery and hope to see you diving soon.
When is book three coming?
Lee

Thank Lee, but sorry to say I won't be diving this summer. Current chemo schedule runs through mid August, and the lung involvement is pretty severe right now. We are hoping for good outcomes, but this is a stage 4 we are dealing with., and it will be a battle. I hope to come out for at least some shore time and keeping the instructional staff on their toes, but that too will be a while. You be sure to be active out there at "the rez" and I may just drop in. No book 3 planned as of now, but thanks for supporting the first two. Thanks to everyone for their kind words and thoughts. As I work less, we are relying more on the book income so we really appreciate that support.
DivemasterDennis

Time for another thank you, and both books are doing well. I did see a recent review over on amazon that i place here. from J. Seismore the end of April, 2013:

Great dive tips presented in a funny way!

A fun, lighthearted read. The authors had a way of turning those annoying dive moments into funny ones for me. There were a couple typos that distracted a teeny bit (stuff like "dive sight" and "ettiquette") but that's okay -- the writers are self-proclaimed scuba snobs, not spelling snobs.

As for the lone reviewer that called the book a "rant," that just wasn't true. I suspect some of the scenarios described in the book must have hit just a wee bit too close to home. The book wasn't a rant but a funny way to remind all of us how to be more considerate of each other on those cramped dive boats. I wish this book was included with every scuba class!

Happy diving everyone!
DivemasterDennis

---------- Post added June 7th, 2013 at 03:24 PM ----------

I just wanted to share this latest review and kind thoughys from our fellow diver in South Africa to our email at scubasnobs.com

Dear Dennis,

I have just read your first book last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. What do they say about "many a true word said in jest"? Debbie and you had me in stitches with some of your "rules".
I live (and dive) in South Africa and your tales of diving woe are just as true over here! Whilst diving Manta Reef in Mozambique over December my "buddy" came waltzing down the bouy line with his octo in his mouth!
Anyway, I was looking for your second book on the internet and came across your blog and was shocked to hear about you being recently diagnosed with cancer.
I just wanted to drop you a short mail to wish you strength with your chemo treatments and hope that you have a return to good health.

Kind regards,
Hugh Moffat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom