Dacor Eagle Sport and Mares MR12 Rebel the same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timakempton

Contributor
Reaction score
Are the Dacor Eagle Sport and Mares MR12 Rebel the same? I know years ago they were both offered as a trade up on older Dacor products after the Mares take over of Dacor but are they in fact the same regulators they certainly look the similar. Are the internals the same and can you service the Eagle Sport with Mares parts?

The 1st stages are the same and can be serviced with either the Mares or AquaLung Titan/Conshelf kit
The 2nd stages are similar and most likley use the same parts.

Thanks fish I thought the 1st was the same they look so similar and I know they were made in the same factory.

Any reg is good up to 40%.
Yes, the CW kit will fit, but it is probably very expensive......it might be better economic sense to have a look and see what you can buy something like sealed HOG for.

......just did a quick price check, the HOG is more expensive than remember.
I thought they were around $100 and not $180.

That kit will work but it looks like it is the older style that is oil filled......works well but is a bit of a pain to service.
The newer ones use a dry double diaphragm enviro seal.

So I should probably look at getting a new first stage then, correct?

Do you sell Mares parts on Ebay? I came across a kit for an MR12, but I don't know where to find this "HP seat" that apparently Mares sells separately.

Yes, that's me..............
That kit along with an HP seat from VDH will do the trick.
So will this on eBay:
Aqualung 900000 Service Kit Cousteau Sea Seaquest Spectrum 1st Stage Regulator | eBay
....it's for a Cousteau/SEA but has the better AquaLung HP seat and new diaphragm.
Since it's for the Cousteau it has a conical filter rather than the flat one for your reg.
You can either reuse your old one or get a new one from VDH.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom