SC Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wateree Dive Center is there. I believe there are 1 or 2 more but can't call them by name off the top of my head. Myrtle is only 2.5-3 hrs away, depending on where in Columbia you are.

Some of the Columbia crowd come over to Augusta to dive at Lake Thurmond or the Savannah river. There is Lake Murray in Columbia, but Wateree Dive Center has taken to coming to Lake Thurmond for checkouts, etc. At the lake we have a MU2 plane in about 30' of water, a ski boat, buoyancy course and a couple of walls at 80' and 100'. Max depth is about 120'. Our river makes for a nice drift dive. We have a local group that gets together on weekends for dives - "Divers of Augusta" on Facebook. Other options are Charleston for fossil diving in the Cooper River or Lake Jocassee just above Clemson SC. (deep lake, tech folks enjoy the challenges there 300' + as well as recreational divers that enjoy diving on the Junk, wall, and in the trees - (Off the Wall Dive Charter at Lake Jocassee offers local dive trips and trips to the Cooper river). Off shore SC, Myrtle Beach has Scuba Express with offshore trips.

Looking for dive buddies to dive either Lake Murray, Lake Jocassee, anywhere myrtle beach or charleston. Im up for anything, shore, boat, rec or tec. Ill be in Columbia next weekend and will be up for diving any weekend in April.

No one dives is SC?

I am recently certified however do not consider myself to be the typical ow diver thanks to this board. I have not dove either of those lakes but would be willing to dive them with you. Pm if you want I live in Florence which is not too far away from Columbia. I have been thinking about driving to jocasse but my dive buddy doesn't do cold water.

Our dive shop will be making some weekend trips to Florida Springs, West Palm Beach area, and NC Wreck Diving if you're looking for a weekend get-a-way.

April 3-6: West Palm Beach
April 5-7: Florida Springs
April 19-21: Florida Springs
May 3-5: NC Wreck Diving

Check us out:
www.facebook.com/smokymountaindiverscarolinas

Smoky Mountain Divers - Dive Shop - Kingsport Tennessee TriCiites Area - Home

Enjoy your time at Ft. Jackson.

Roger SKillman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom