How many per year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DumpsterDiver's kid was divemastering by the time he was eight—get your priorities in order! :wink:

Sadly, I was doing a lot more diving when I lived in NYC. I did less than 50 last year, and have about 25 this year, all in short trips to Bali.
Just signed my daughter up for AOW class for her 15th birthday this month. At least I have a dive buddy in the family. But, with all her activites we won't get too much diving in until the vacation this summer.

At least she makes my wife book destinations where she can dive. Then I just have to go along with her. After all, she does need a buddy!

How many dives do you usually get in every year?

Kristopher

It varies, anywhere from 40-80ish.

Depending on how your schedule turns out, I'm probably going to be doing more morning dives this spring/summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit around ~135 last year. I seem to average 100-150 a year which I think is pretty good for New England.

I think my numbers may actually be lower this year as I'm doing more technical diving (one longer duration dive as opposed to two tank shorter/more shallow dives) but we shall see.

I hit around ~135 last year. I seem to average 100-150 a year which I think is pretty good for New England.

I think my numbers may actually be lower this year as I'm doing more technical diving (one longer duration dive as opposed to two tank shorter/more shallow dives) but we shall see.

You better step it up. Han will have more dives than you by next year. :)

Kristopher

You better step it up. Han will have more dives than you by next year. :)

Kristopher

What's wrong with that? :)

What's wrong with that? :)

That's because Han did like 40 dives on a liveaboard It almost shouldn't count. :) I can't compete with that, especially if he does like 3-4 liveaboards this year :)

That's because Han did like 40 dives on a liveaboard It almost shouldn't count. :) I can't compete with that, especially if he does like 3-4 liveaboards this year :)

Wahhhhhhh quit complaining and dive more :wink:

Wahhhhhhh quit complaining and dive more :wink:

He's too busy deck handing and "exploring" the harbor islands to actually dive when he's on a boat. And you KNOW Mike is too cool to shore dive any more :wink:

It varies, anywhere from 40-80ish.

Depending on how your schedule turns out, I'm probably going to be doing more morning dives this spring/summer.

You want me to let you know when we're doing dawn dives, or are you too wimpy to get up that early? :D

As to the original question, I've hit just over 100 dives the past two years, aiming for around that this year as well.

He's too busy deck handing and "exploring" the harbor islands to actually dive when he's on a boat. And you KNOW Mike is too cool to shore dive any more

all, well, I guess we all can't be a DM extraordinaire :wink:

You want me to let you know when we're doing dawn dives, or are you too wimpy to get up that early? :D

We'll see.... Next month I might start doing a few

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom