Lavacore Dissapointing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cybdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've been in touch with Lavacore now for several months. Over an issue with sizing. I bought one of their short sleeve tops, returned it twice one was too small so I asked for a bigger one and it would not fit over my head. Lavacore staff apologized and said they had a some size issues and would send me one as soon as they got it sorted out. It's now been almost 5 months and several phone calls later no results. Looks like I won't be wearing a Lavacore product anytime soon. I'm not even a hard fit. I have bought several wet suits and stuff off the rack. If Lavacore is reading this, you folks were really disappointing.:(

And they say there's no reason for Brick and Mortar dive shops.

We have every single size Lava Core makes in stock. It really makes sizing issues a non issue. :)
I'll admit their sizing is a bit off and I'm sorry you're having issues with it. Next time, get sized before you buy. :)

Also, dealing with a shop directly seems to have more pull and quicker resolution. You spent 200'ish with Lavacore, our dive shop spends tens of thousands of dollars with the company, making resolutions happen a bit quicker.

Best of luck though. I'd be surprised if they don't get you taken care of.

I've been dealing with Lavacore directly. Unfortunately your shop is a little far me and the retailer I dealt with was of little help. Actually this appeared to be a manufacturing problem. The size tags were correct but the cut of the items was just all wrong. On one they sent me the opening for the head was just way too small.

I have some issues with lavacores cut more than sizing..yes the ladies size small fits fine, i tried it on in the shop, yes it was tight as to be expected for something new and dry - however -
Ive had to make a couple of small knicks under the arms to allow for bust and ive also had to cut the neck of the hood a little so I dont feel like I am being strangled. I have had lady divers say they have had to adapt theirs too - maybe something lavacore manufacturers could look into? size small ladies doesnt mean you have the body shape of a 14 year old boy but i LOVE my lavacore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom