Great white shark spotted by divers in Islamorada??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always thought white sharks in the atlantic stayed in cooler waters. Range being maybe Carolinas during winter time and Northeast during summer. Is this just a rare stretch of sightings, nobody knows for sure due to lack of info, or my imaginary range is off.
No your imaginary range is way off. They are commonly seen by divers and fisherman of jax, we had a diver get video of one while spearfishing last year off Sebastian, they have been caught off Daytona and further south. I believe that I myself saw a very large one off Palm Beach maybe 12 yrs ago.

I have seen GWS in Jacksonville. They migrate there during the winter when the Right Whales are birthing their calves in hopes of feeding on a calf or at least the afterbirth.

WOW!
This is getting to be an amazing story.
I am just wondering why the rash of sightings and encounters as of late.
And I guess all I can say is.............

AGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
THERE ARE FRIKKIN' GW's IN OUR POOL!

Chug
Does NOT want to see a GWS when hanging on top waiting for the boat to pick up with a stringer of Dead Lions.......
But it would be so very cool!

I know that there have been reports of GWS going into warmer tropical waters (usually during the winter), but I've always wondered what their diet consists of during these times? Anyone know? Dr. Bill?

Been being reported for years in Jax,St Augustine,Ponce.I've seen one in Jax and one in SC both underwater in 100' of water.There are more of my Jax buddies who have seen one underwater than haven't.They and the sandtigers migrate here every winter.If they liked humans,I'd not diving nearly as much.

I know and have dove with Jen Crone. Very cool for her.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom