Casa Mexicana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It has been a while since I have been on the thread but did I miss something about Aqua Safari??? They are located down the street from Casa Mexicana and based on dive count might be a great choice for a new diver. I have used many others but did my first blue water dives with AS.

As for Casa Mexicana, we just keep our keys when we leave and they reload them when we return. Close to everything from dining, OMG now I need shrimp from Costa Bravo to tacos from Otates, to shopping to the markets.

Now I gotta go shopping for a trip...

Thanks Guys

If you're staying at Casa Mexicana, i recommend room 5A which is on the top floor which I think is queiter and has an unobstructed view of downtown and the harbor. If you stay on the lower floors, the walls on the patio stick out and you have a narrower vision of the harbor/crusieships, plus road noise from Melgar is closer.

As for breakfasts, the buffet is good and as mentioned starts at 7:00AM but still gives you enough time to meet the 7:30 dive trips. I dive with Aldora and they're very prompt leaving and i still always made it. Jaime, the maitre D in the mornings at Casa Mexican is a true gentleman and will take good care of you. Have Fun!

We have stayed at Casa Mexicana many times. Most dive ops will pick up at the Aldora pier just north of the Hotel. Great breakfast. As for the pool being small.,.really?!! What about the big pool just across the street?!! If you go to Casa Mexicana for the pool you are deluded. We did have noise at one room on the upper floor, from Carlos and Charlies, but wasnt too bad. We like the location in proximity to downtown, and the pier for pickup. Nice hotel, beds arent bad, good location. What more do you need?! If it is a pool you are there for, hit up Hotel Cozumel!

We have stayed at Casa Mexicana many times. Most dive ops will pick up at the Aldora pier just north of the Hotel. Great breakfast. As for the pool being small.,.really?!! What about the big pool just across the street?!! If you go to Casa Mexicana for the pool you are deluded. We did have noise at one room on the upper floor, from Carlos and Charlies, but wasnt too bad. We like the location in proximity to downtown, and the pier for pickup. Nice hotel, beds arent bad, good location. What more do you need?! If it is a pool you are there for, hit up Hotel Cozumel!

I agree, or walk down to the Barracuda and hang at their pool/bar and mini beach... Definitely fun people watching and entertainment too! :cool2:

Sitting at the Casa Mex right now about our 6th stay here. Very clean ,comfortable and convienient. Been diving with Aldora who picks us up about two blocks north, right after breakfast. Could not be better.

Yeah, +1 for hanging out at the Barracuda. We did a just got off the plane dive there one year during spring break. Fortunately, the Spring breakers were diving in off the pier while we were under them. Suprising how many bikini tops come off when someone dives in the water!!:D

Yeah, +1 for hanging out at the Barracuda. We did a just got off the plane dive there one year during spring break. Fortunately, the Spring breakers were diving in off the pier while we were under them. Suprising how many bikini tops come off when someone dives in the water!!:D
You just gotta love a good wardrobe malfunction, eh? :D

If you're staying at Casa Mexicana, i recommend room 5A which is on the top floor which I think is queiter and has an unobstructed view of downtown and the harbor. If you stay on the lower floors, the walls on the patio stick out and you have a narrower vision of the harbor/crusieships, plus road noise from Melgar is closer.

As for breakfasts, the buffet is good and as mentioned starts at 7:00AM but still gives you enough time to meet the 7:30 dive trips. I dive with Aldora and they're very prompt leaving and i still always made it. Jaime, the maitre D in the mornings at Casa Mexican is a true gentleman and will take good care of you. Have Fun!

I'm not aware of a room 5A at the Mexicana. 501 502 503 504 at the front overlooking the Melgar and facing the ocean and are more expensive but quite nice. Similar rooms on floor 4 3 and 2.
Also facing the ocean are rooms 505 506 and 507 but inside overlooking th dining room. Also on 4th and 3rd floor.The rest of the rooms face either south or east but get good sunlight for drying out equipment. Jamie is great and has been there for years.

This will be our 9th visit to Casa Mexicana - love the location, love the breakfast, love the staff (Jaimie will always treat you wonderfully).

Back
Top Bottom