Dolphin or Ray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrMike:
Holy cow!!!!

Hi, Mike!

Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope you've been doing some enjoyable diving!

As I pointed out to 6Gill, it isn't the headdress. I have worn one myself for serious reasons.

My gripe is with the picture, and with its presumptive effect. I guess, since very few of us seem to be disturbed by it, I will drop the subject. Perhaps I am overly sensititive because my comrades in the sharp end of those high-speed aluminum tubes were murdered so messily by Islamo-fascists before they went into the World Trade Center towers.

Anyway, back to more pleasant business!

Cheers!

BigJetDriver69:
Hi, Mike!

Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope you've been doing some enjoyable diving!

As I pointed out to 6Gill, it isn't the headdress. I have worn one myself for serious reasons.

My gripe is with the picture, and with its presumptive effect. I guess, since very few of us seem to be disturbed by it, I will drop the subject. Perhaps I am overly sensititive because my comrades in the sharp end of those high-speed aluminum tubes were murdered so messily by Islamo-fascists before they went into the World Trade Center towers.

Anyway, back to more pleasant business!

Cheers!

That reminds me.
Just flew back from Canada.

The pilot had to make 4 announcements during the long flight to repeatedly ask people not to smoke! some a-hole kept repeatedly smoking in the toilets! Jeez.

Diving's been awesome of late. Had a few trips out and a lot of fun exploring a nice nearby Battleship (HMS Repulse, 55m). A few weeks ago I got stuck deep inside her for 20 mins. In the end I had to take my RB off to get back out through the corridor I was stuck in. Next dive my auto air decided to part company with the unit whilst squeezing through a narrow passageway. A real eye opener how fast you can loose the whole contents of your dil tank at depth. Fun fun fun. :07:

Ah but now I've bought a drysuit - and I'm eyeing some sites in your corner of the globe. run away- run away :D

DrMike:
That reminds me.
Just flew back from Canada.

The pilot had to make 4 announcements during the long flight to repeatedly ask people not to smoke! some a-hole kept repeatedly smoking in the toilets! Jeez.

Diving's been awesome of late. Had a few trips out and a lot of fun exploring a nice nearby Battleship (HMS Repulse, 55m). A few weeks ago I got stuck deep inside her for 20 mins. In the end I had to take my RB off to get back out through the corridor I was stuck in. Next dive my auto air decided to part company with the unit whilst squeezing through a narrow passageway. A real eye opener how fast you can loose the whole contents of your dil tank at depth. Fun fun fun. :07:

Ah but now I've bought a drysuit - and I'm eyeing some sites in your corner of the globe. run away- run away :D

Mike,

Now that you have survived the smoking incident, I can tell you that it was a cigarette in the waste-basket of an Air Canada DC-9 that killed everyone on board. I think that's kind of harsh, dying because of someone else's nicotine habit!!!

As for your Auto-Air deal, as we say in Tejas: "Aaaayyy, La Chihuahua!!!!" I'll bet that one tightened the ole sphincter muscles! :wink:

As for diving over here, "Waaal, come on down, pardner!" :D

P.S.---I personally would love to see such an historic ship as the Repulse. What kind of shape is she in, and any pics to post?

Shes practically fully intact, laying on her side, guns are all there, easy access, currents can be fun at times but a great dive.

I'm going out again in a few weeks time, 4 days over her and 4 days over the equally cool HMS Prince of Wales. Shes a little deeper at 70m and fully inverted although there is a 5m gap all along one side so you can go 'up' to her deck from underneath.

Ill see if I can find some nice pics...got some here somewhere.

DrMike:
Shes practically fully intact, laying on her side, guns are all there, easy access, currents can be fun at times but a great dive.

I'm going out again in a few weeks time, 4 days over her and 4 days over the equally cool HMS Prince of Wales. Shes a little deeper at 70m and fully inverted although there is a 5m gap all along one side so you can go 'up' to her deck from underneath.

Ill see if I can find some nice pics...got some here somewhere.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR PICS!!

Have dove with both. Found the Ray to be more confortable. The Ray was much easier to make modifications to and to convert to CCR. Ebay is the best bet for buying. Complete unit around $1800 with little wear shows up now and then. I took two of the cannisters, cut off opposite ends, and plastic welded them together. Presto! bigger cannister than the Dolphin.

deepblueh2o:
Have dove with both. Found the Ray to be more confortable. The Ray was much easier to make modifications to and to convert to CCR. Ebay is the best bet for buying. Complete unit around $1800 with little wear shows up now and then. I took two of the cannisters, cut off opposite ends, and plastic welded them together. Presto! bigger cannister than the Dolphin.

thanks man for yr point of view, but my question to u is it safe what u did?
but anyway i like what u did. and how did u fit the cannister in the ray
will u please post a picture, if its possible
thansk

wazza:
thanks man for yr point of view, but my question to u is it safe what u did?
but anyway i like what u did. and how did u fit the cannister in the ray
will u please post a picture, if its possible
thansk
wazza,
My email is divendeep@netzero.net
Email me and we'll work something out. I need to shoot some pictures anyway for some other things, can add a couple of shots. Safety factor would depend on your opinion of the inspiration, everyone calls mine a baby inspiration. Cannister looks exactly like the normal one, just longer. I put an extention on the pipe. I dive cold water with drysuit, so extra hoses and bailout setups. Had this setup for about a year and have no plans to change anything, so I'm happy with it. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom