Favorite Dry Glove System?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, so clearly silicone for the wrist seals (as opposed to neoprene or latex). Check.

Would you say the same for neck seals?

Would you say the same for neck seals?

More so! Silicon is more forgiving than latex. Hangman's neck is not something you will enjoy explaining. Remember Clint Eastwood in Hang Em' High wore a bandana around his neck.

I still use a little talc powder, even on my silicon seals. My backup seals are latex, since I already had them.

I feel like latex although it doesn't stretch as much as silicone is a little more durable. If you tear a latex seal it might just tear out a u shaped section but still be useable. When a silicone seal tears it goes fast.

Just get a replacable system with silicone installed. If you don't like it you cna always switch to latex.

I'd also recommend the SiTech system for any non-DUI drysuit. I ordered my drysuit with the QCP system from SiTech, and was happy to see that I could also obtain a "Stiff Ring" from Dive Right In Scuba that allowed me to remove the QCP and optionally use pullover rubber gloves, which I actually prefer now: Si Tech Wrist system and Dryglove Options - YouTube!

If you have a DUI suit, the only right thing to do is get zip seals. A DUI suit with any other system just isn't right, IMO.

As to the seals to use with the SiTech system, I'd highly recommend a "bottle" seal... you need to measure your wrist in order to get the right size, as it doesn't taper like conical seals. This means you have more sealing surface. If you have sinewy wrists, this is especially useful: DRIS Dive Gear Drysuit Latex Bottle Wrist Seals (pair) | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

Back
Top Bottom