******** Strobe for canon s100***********

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaworm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
since the my ikelite housing is coming soon a new strobe will have to wait. I plan on getting a used strobe from ebay. So what should I get? Im limited on cash! I dont know a thing about fiber optic cables. Will any strobe work for the s100? I have a buget of $300 but dont want to spent all of it, rather just buy something cheap that works. I left this link in here so you can let me know if this is worth buying!! Or if you can help me find a used strobe on ebay!!!:confused:Ikelite Auto 35 Underwater Camera Substrobe with Flash Mount Accessory | eBay

I believe that is an obsolete set up for a film camera. The problem is that digicams double flash to get exposure and focus readings and that would trigger the strobe, according to the research I have done in the past.

Not obsolete. I use an S95 with a fiber optic cable that detects the on-camera flash to activate the strobes. But then again, I use fully manual settings. The strobe you picked is fine - but $300 is on the pretty low end for a strobe set-up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom