what gear purchase has made you irrationally exuberant?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gonna have to go with my pinacle black ice dry suit, even more so when I got the neck tite system installed.

Yes, I have to admit I used to be a shoe addict...(as may women can relate). But since I became a working dive pro, I've traded that addiction for scuba gear.
This time like BabyDuck, it is fins: paddle, blue, yellow, black, springs, etal.

My latest fin story was inspired by a thread about Scubapro Jet Fins in YELLOW - woopee! I want me some of those. I found them on an online store, but gave my local Scubapro dealer the opportunity. No he would not be able to get them for me. And then I remembered by dive buddy from my Birthday liveaboard party last summer, Casey (aka Beaver Divers).

Beaver Divers in the past has gotten a bit of flack on SB for his over exuberance at times sounding like the OxyClean commercial, but with a bit of guidance learned to tone it down and became a valued member of our community. He is a very knowledgeable and well traveled diver and shop owner and is a huge fan of ScubaPro.

So I called Casey and asked him if he could find the yellow jetfins. No he didn't have them in stock, but he made a few calls and shortly called back that he had tracked them down for me. They would soon be on their way from Colorado. Before shipping them to me, he called to let me know the pair he received was not exactly new, a display model with a few faded areas, and if I still wanted them he would discount them a bit. Awesome, I said, besides within a few days, the fins would have their first scratches from boat ladders, etal.

Well that isn't the end of the story.
When the fins arrived, I was teaching and grabbed them (along with my other fins) and headed out to my lesson. As we are gearing up, I can't get the fin over my new booties with thick soles. I was crest-fallen as I reached for my other fins. But as the day progressed my student, hated her old fins. So I had her try them and she loved them & bought them from me. The fins have returned to Colorado. :)

At the end of the day as I drove home, I called Beaver Divers with my tale. Sure enough by the next day, they had tracked down another pair in a larger size. I was ecstatic and love showing them off on local boats. What awesome service! Thanks, Casey.

My YELLOW Scubapro Jets make me irrationally exuberant :chicken::banana:.

I will admit I am jealous of the blue jet fins posted above.

My best new acquisition is my 3lb lead paperweight. Not only is it a damn solid lump of lead to hold things down with, but better still it's no longer on my belt where it was doing no good at all. I felt very exuberant in the water with that gone.

My SP S600 bubble deflectors! I am still known as Darth Vader in some parts of the world :cool2:

image.jpg

When I got my BP/W.

I stopped by the dive shop after work, and as it turned out it came in early. However, I was too excited to go home and get my truck, so I wore it home on my motorcycle.

I have a Fusion Bullet drysuit on order. And I can't wait for it to get here, even though it'll be a little while before I get it submerged :)

I now have yellow Jet fins, and the exuberance is truly irrational. LOVE them!

Being able to buy the yellow-banded Halcyon wings would be about the only thing that would tempt me away from my DSS stuff . . . but I think I'd ask Tobin about a yellow singles wing, first :)

My She-P a few years ago and most recently my pink Jet Fins. :)

yellow is my favorite color. being colorblind its pretty much the only one i can see. that said, i was particularly excited about the hollis yellow tip f1s i had found. I was later disappointed to realize the while i wore a 2xl diverite exp fin, that the hollis f1 i needed would be an xl. so both pairs of the yellow tips i had sourced were sold and replaced with 1 pair of all black f1s.

also i was giddy as a school girl when i got my hollis sms 100. im a hollis fanboy i guess.

noteworthy mentions would be my whites fusion sport and HOG regs

Every piece of underwater photo gear I ever purchased.

OK - the basic point & shoot camera was worthwhile and rational, nice snaps of the boys and a few decent pics of wildlife to remind me of where I have dived. But I kept buying accessories thinking a strobe or 2, a focus light or something else would make my wretched photos look like I knew what I was doing. I deluded myself...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom