P-Valve Practical Joke...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The other day, my daughter was playing with some Orbeez (which are these little, desiccated, super absorbent polymer spheres that grow several times their original size when moistened).

"Well," I thought to myself, "these would fit in a p-valve hose readily." The p-through bolt could be easily removed and 2 or 3 Orbeez inserted. They would be of sufficient caliber as to not fall out once the bolt were replaced. The great part is the p-valve would seem to work fine when primed upon first use, but after several minutes, relief would not be in sight.

http://youtu.be/-WuH5MH3GrU

Last edited:
Have you ever tried to whiz though a plugged system? It's not pleasant and great way to cultivate a UTI. The best possible outcome would be a blow-out.

I would not be amused.

Pete

If anyone touches my "p" valve I'd be pissed..........or maybe not!

She's six! I'm evidently 12, haha.

Well Bryan where I come from you might survive this or you may not.
One thing is certain you would be dealt with.

XXXXXXXX

It probably seemed like a funny thing at first thought. As you are starting to see, it wouldn't be cool.
A urinary tract infection is no joke.

Cheers,
Mitch

Oh dear, I seem to have posted in the wrong forum. Mods: please move this thread to the Whine and Cheese thread before I injure someone who might take this as advice instead of as humor, LOL!

---------- Post added April 4th, 2013 at 04:00 PM ----------

Thanks, Mods! :)

You posted it as if to say you were actually going to do it.
I'm sorry that you didn't get anything other than recommendations not to do it.
It has nothing to do with anyone's lack of humor. It's just a bad idea, and not funny at all.

Cheers,
Mitch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom