Do you dive with a knife? How about a big knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
My knife goes into the back of computer, gauge unit. It is only 3-4" of blade. I just have to remember to remove it and pack in my checked baggage. Got caught trying to board an airplane with a knife in the PI. Fortunately I was allowed to pack it in a box and have it brought as checked baggage.

I'm a BIG F'n KNIFE guy... Even got my wife to be a BIG F'n KNIFE girl.... There is something about a good looking Scuba-girl with a Big ass knife strapped to her thigh.... :worship::yeahbaby: I'll get a picture of her next week in Hawaii , Bikini scuba girl with her BIG Knife....:D....

Jim...

EMT shears for me.

I use shears.

To me big knives look dorky but Chatterton makes a good case as to why he needs a big knife. But this is the exact type of thing that inspires other divers to start carrying around big knives and somewhere down the chain these divers completely forget the reason why they need them, they just know they do.

I carry the same size knife John Wayne would carry,if he were a diver.:wink:

I ALWAYS dive with at least one knife. I have one attached to by BC inflator hose all the time. If I'm wreck diving I strap another knife to the inside of one calf. Same with a flashlight. I ALWAYS dive with at least one light no matter when or where. B

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom