Post your last gear purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeagle SS plate, harness, weight pouches, and HOG 38 lb wing to set up a set of twin 80 HP Faber steels. Looking for more gear and or hardware at all times. Buying dive "stuff" is almost and I mean almost as much fun as sex!! I think this is what happens as you get older.:wink:

Gallileo Luna computer, but my best purchase ever was custom ground lens for my masks. I can see!!

Atomox Helium Analyzer.

Brought the solder gun out and replaced the battery housing which still had batteries that expired in 2009 corroding everything they touched. Successfully restored battery operability and cleaned up everything inside to almost new condition.

While the gun was out, I also managed to build me a second tank inspection light that plugs into the analyzer's 12 volt transformer. My first tank inspection light used 12 volt bulbs with a 15 volt transformer that was reclaimed from an old abandoned laptop. Bulbs would tend to burn out rather fast.

The new light easily and nondestructively plugs in and out of the transformer. Light bulb replacement is also a simple matter of just pluging in and out.

IMG_20130330_205844.jpgIMG_20130330_210100.jpgIMG_20130330_211444.jpg

Last edited:
Good timing for this, since we're leaving in a Month for two weeks on Hawaii and I just spent some cash...

Stainless backplate (I don't know the brand, but as near as I can tell they're all pretty much identical...) and harness. Diverite Classic and Travel wings. Scubapro MK25/X650. Diverite weight pouches. 7' Miflex longhose. LP inflator hoses for standard and AIRII.
My plan is to move my current SP G250V to octo and put the X650 on the longhose. The travel wing has an AIRII (as does my Seaquest Balance). When I start learning to do doubles, I plan to use the MK11/G250V on the left post and the MK25/X650/long hose on the right.

Bright, screaming lemon yellow Jet fins! (Next will be spring straps for them :) )

TSandM,
in another thread you had recommended the jet fins as well. I love the look of the yellows but have read they are less rigid and more buoyant than the black. Have you had a chance to try yet and any opinion on black vs yellow? Thanks.

Most recent purchase is a custom Santi and 60 mm macro lens for micro 4/3 Pen camera.

Shearwater Petrel to go with my Predator.

Back
Top Bottom