Playa Del Carmen Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tank ha is also a good outfit. i have used them as well. i think i was reading too many posts about cenote/cave diving so i had that on my brain when i wrote my post. manny was great to deal with.
as far as i know tank ha has no one on staff anymore to do cavern/cave training though. they used bluelife for that when i was there last. maybe things have changed this year.

a lot of recommendations for abyss. i have tried to contact them in the past for detailed info on cenote and ocean diving as well as training. i cannot seem to ever get them to answer

case in point......sent dave an email last wednesday. no reply. too bad. he is the only SSI shop currently doing cavern/cenote training in the PDC area (that i know of anyway). now that i am affiliated with my local SSI dive center, they prefer i use an SSI shop if i do any other training while away from home. but if they (Abyss) won't answer, what can i do.

if anyone knows of another outfit that can issue SSI certifications for cavern diving, please let me know.

case in point......sent dave an email last wednesday. no reply. too bad. he is the only SSI shop currently doing cavern/cenote training in the PDC area (that i know of anyway). now that i am affiliated with my local SSI dive center, they prefer i use an SSI shop if i do any other training while away from home. but if they (Abyss) won't answer, what can i do.

if anyone knows of another outfit that can issue SSI certifications for cavern diving, please let me know.

I have not had the same issue as you in trying to contact Dave, I'm not sure why you are having an issue contacting him. I have sent Dave a Facebook message directing him to this thread, maybe he can sort out the comms issue, if you're still interested in using Abyss.

Whoever you end up diving with, dive safe and have fun!

i had the same issues with Abyss Divers last year, got one reply after 2 weeks asking me the usual question, never to be heard of again, and i sent a couple more emails trying to give them some buisness i figured they don't care for it so i stopped trying and booked with someone else

i would recommend Dressel Divers located in the Iberostar Resort in Playa del Carmen
excellent service from the office staff, i always got a reply within few hours, even though the head office is in Spain, as well as the dive shop staff
we dove with them in Dominican and i bent over backwards to book Iberostar in Mayan Riviera just to dive with them again next month
here's their boats

Our Custom Made Diving Boats & Top Quality Scuba Equipment!

Mexico Blue Dream is the way to go. Super friendly crew, very profesionnal and the most important, safety first from that DS. Contact Patrice

I couldn't agree more. Mexico Blue Dream is a first class outfit and I highly recommend them.

Kristopher

Dave was always very prompt in returning my e-mails, I never had an issue?
He does not have a brick and mortar dive shop so all of his buisness is via the net or FB.

Dave was always very prompt in returning my e-mails, I never had an issue?
He does not have a brick and mortar dive shop so all of his buisness is via the net or FB.

maybe he can come in here and make an argument, afaic he doesn't really care for web business or doesn't want new divers
i can see missing one email, but i sent 2 more requesting a reply and no joy

sent abyss a message via facebook and got a reply same day. (thanks dave) i guess thats the way to go. thx for the tip fellas.

I second Abyss, been diving with them for over a decade. First class operation all the way!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom