New Faber HP100hp steel tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

triplecove

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I don't have any experience with this Fabers, exactly, but I love my Faber 120. Fabers seem to retail for quite a bit less than other steel tanks. There seems to be absolutely no quality difference. People love them. If I was in the market for new tanks, I'd go for it.

Kristopher

Its because those suckers are negative as can be. -14 full .. -6 empty. If you dive dry and really want to get drop some weight it could work..but I don't know that it'd be good to double them up as you'd be -28 just from the tanks. The FX series are more desirable due to them finishing fairly close to neutral.

Its because those suckers are negative as can be. -14 full .. -6 empty. If you dive dry and really want to get drop some weight it could work..but I don't know that it'd be good to double them up as you'd be -28 just from the tanks. The FX series are more desirable due to them finishing fairly close to neutral.

Thanks for the reply, I wounder where they pick up the additional weight, the dimensions are actually smaller than the FX tanks, so if the walls are thicker you would think the capacity would be less.:confused: If I buy them I would probably set up 2 weight belts, 1 just for these tanks that are about 7lbs lighter. I really dont intend on doubling them up so that will not be an isssue. lugging them around might.

It is probably that the versatility of the 3442s commands a higher price than the 3500s. If you don't mind having to use 300 bar din regs, then the versatility is moot.

Thanks for the reply, I wounder where they pick up the additional weight, the dimensions are actually smaller than the FX tanks,

It's not so much that they weigh more, maybe a few pounds, but they're more negative, in part because they're a bit smaller and displace less water. I have the FX version (3442) and I like it a lot. I'd sink like a stone in one of these.

Unlike Worthington's the Fabers are not hot dip galvanized. They tout it as more environmentally friendly, and it is short term, but I have seen too many Fabers rust out, especially around the boot area, if boots are used.

I have worthington and faber tanks. I think if you wash your tanks off with fresh water like you should it'll be fine. None of my tanks show any signs of external rust and my HP120s are from 06. I do like the way the galv looks, but the white tanks are easier to spot in and out of water.

I don't think this is such a great deal, especially with the shipping. Leisurepro is selling the FX-100 for $340 including shipping.

Are you local? Otherwise the shipping has you very close to the price point of a Worthington / XS-Scuba XF-100 bought locally with a no questions asked VIP & fill. HD Galvanized it tought to beat. The FX100 also gives you DIN/Yoke freedon.

THE DIN only limitation may have it in an overstock hence discounted situation.

Before buying confirm the freshness of the hydro.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom