Looking for LP72s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bellaco

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am looking for some LP72s & figured this was the best place to ask here. The plan is to completely restore 2 or more tanks to make a nice set of doubles for local recreational diving. What I'm looking for ...

MUST HAVE
-3/4" neck
-be in good enough shape to pass VIP & hydro
-matching set

DON'T NEED
-a nice pretty finish
-valve
-hardware (band/manifold etc...) will be buying matching sets when the restoration is complete

Please feel free to post here in this thread or PM me with
what you have & what you are looking to get for them. I do live in Maryland so I would need them shipped.

Thanks
Mike

You mean like this ? 2012-08-24_17-38-01_149.jpg

Jim....

Very nice! That's very close to what I had planned. The finish looks great. The only difference is that I would be using a isolator manifold and two single hose regulators.

Still looking guys. Having terrible luck finding tanks that everyone says should be falling from the sky!!! I will be in West Palm Beach the second week of May diving with Scuba Works & I live in Maryland. Any leads are appreciated. Thanks all!

I don't think you would be interested but I have a PST LP 72 in current vis & hydro. Only one though.

I have a set of PST doubles with iso manifold and 7" bands (piranha) that I would be willing to sell. I was planning on breaking them up and using the 72s as single tanks, then putting together another set of doubles. At the least I could sell you the bands because the new doubles will be 7.25" tanks. 7" bands can be a little tricky to find and they work great for LP72s.

My 72s have been stripped down to the galvanized primer and then coated with ZRC galvilite. They're in hydro through Feb 2014. Let me know, I can send you some photos if you're interested.

Craigslist in Tucson recently had 72s at a very good price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom