I think we found the best shore dive in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took the family swimming there a few years ago. I did'nt know there was good diving or even snorkeling available in that spot. On the day we were there, there was a very noticeable halocline and my wife's silver bracelet tarnished immediately.

Thanks Blazinator. I'll have to do a more thorough investigation of the site next time-then have the drinks.

Questions:
1) How much were the tanks? Did you leave any deposit? So, how much was it? Tip? Cash or CC?
2) Did they have weights available?

Last edited:
If you get tanks and go north to Love bar the ruins of a dock have turned the area into a cool dive. Great shore dive. Drop into the Love Bar for a wobbly pop and tell Maria Kevin sent you.

Playa Corona has been one of our favorite "hang outs" for years!!

It's the very first place my wife and I were taken to by a cabbie on our first trip to the island in '96, when we asked for a beach to hang out on and do some snorkeling for the day. (at the time my wife wasn't a diver)

I've snorkeled there plenty of times, but never thought of tanking it up there!!!

May have to give this a shot in May!!!

Thanks for the tip!!!!

p.s. too bad you guys can't get out on the reef. :(

how much did he charge you for the guide and tanks?

how much did he charge you for the guide and tanks?

Jeremiah just asked that we pay for his tank and a rental BC I think, I realized that it was a pretty good deal, and he was mostly looking for a good tip, so I think we paid him 50 bucks and the other couple that dove with us gave him ten for tip. Well worth it - he showed us lots of cool stuff and took pictures of us with our camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom