leaking inner bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremy_diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,

I have a Voyager wing that was leaking about a year ago and Dive Rite sold me a new inner bladder then. I noticed a couple of days ago that it is not holding air as the seal between the fabrics is cracking.

Am I the only person it is happening to? I use the wing daily but it is supposed to be used for tek diving and can't believe it's leaking after under a year of use... I was in contact with Jon but haven't heard from him since monday morning after he told me i would get charged for it.

Thx

Hi Jeremy Diver,

I spoke with Jon and it sounds like you guys are communicating via email. I know you are in the Caymans, but if you can give us a shout at 800-495-1046 between 9A-4P EST, we can probably get this figured out quickly. In order for us to consider your wing for warranty, we do need to have it back in the factory for evaluation as per our warranty policy. I understand this is the third wing you've had issues with as we've already replaced a bladder along with the second one you paid for. Maybe there is some troubleshooting we can do to help figure out why this keeps happening? We have no known problems with bladders leaking, so something is amiss.

Happy to help,
Kathleen

Hi Kathleen,

I was talking to Jon about it last week but haven't heard from him since thursday or Friday.... I can't give you a call during this time frame as I am working on the boat (full time instructor) and also it would cost me a fortune.... As I told Jon, I glued the seam afterward but it looks like it is leaking from another part of the seam.... just like if the damn thing isnt gonna stop!! I may just use this one till it is not useable anymore and get another brand!

Hmm, I'm wondering if the OPV was bad on the first wing, causing you to blow a seam. So, you get a new bladder, plug in the same hoses, OPV's, gaskets, etc, and in time, blow another seam.

At any rate, if Dive Rite can't touch, look, and feel it, they really can't do much to fix it huh? :)

I bought a Dive Rite wing 17'ish years ago. It still works perfectly now. Since then I've added 4 more wings. I love them all. I'd be curious in finding out what the problem is though.

Well, it has been over a month since I last sent an email to Dive rite and as of today, I am still waiting for an answer. Not impressed with their service at all!! I am just going to purchase another wing from another manufacturer and won't buy DR anymore!!

I can see your frustration, but hardly Dive Rite's fault if you can't get the wing to them for evaluation. Dive Rite asked above for you to give them a call, but I'm guessing this hasn't happened yet. I know every time I call them they answer the phone and meet my needs.

At any rate, good luck with your hunt for a decent wing. :)

I don't understand. What's so hard about calling the toll free number?

I damaged two of my bladders, after PMing here with the Dive Rite forum rep, she told me to call customer service. I called and explained about the leaks and they said to send the wings in. They replaced both bladders and only charged for one. Mind you, this was MY fault for puncturing the wing.

So, yeah, I'm pretty happy with Dive Rite customer services. Not to mention the few times that I called them up to clarify on the proper usage of their equipment, I always got a real life human being who is highly knowledgeable in both diving and their own equipment usage.

My only gripe with Dive Rite is that they don't put out BCs with cool colors any more.

It is toll free if you are in the US, I am not! I am waiting for an email since March after he stopped emailing me!

Again, they said to call.... so call.
Sometimes you gotta spend $5 bucks to save $400

Either call them, as they instructed, or drop your issue.

Back
Top Bottom