Bluefish Cove at Point Lobos (video)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We had a great dive at Point Lobos on Sunday. Surface conditions were a bit more jostlely by the time we hit the water, but the surge was slow and regular, and the visibility was fantastic. August led us from Sea Mount to the pinnacles and walls around Bluefish. On our way out, we ran into Team Kitty on their way back from Macro's (so much ocean, but everyone's in the same place!). We crossed the cove on the way back to poke around Granite Point Wall--yep, it's still there.

[video=youtube;ul1lGqunc7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul1lGqunc7E[/video]

That looks like you had a great dive. I need to get back and dive Pt Lobos.
Thanks for sharing

Hey, next time I come down to Monterey, you have to take me to scooter than canyon! That looks like tons of fun.

Team Bunny rides again! Blue Fish has never let me down. I actually like the dive in the 30-70ft range. It is bright and full of life. The kelp gets really thick in summer though.

Lynne, you would really like the canyon at Gerstle then :D Although I am not sure I could ever find it again. We dropped from 30ft to around 70ft between two vertical walls.

Great video Ken, are you using the gopro? If so, are you using the back scatter red filter?

also, what mount did you use for your Sierra? I just bought a gp3 and want to mount it to the scoot.

Great video Ken, are you using the gopro? If so, are you using the back scatter red filter?

also, what mount did you use for your Sierra? I just bought a gp3 and want to mount it to the scoot.

Can't speak for Kenn, but I use the vented helmet strap mount plus a longer nylon strap with a clip style buckle from REI with great success.

Hey, next time I come down to Monterey, you have to take me to scooter than canyon! That looks like tons of fun.

Tours gladly given! I just wish the canyon was a bit longer; it's really atmospheric and opens up into some nice pinnacles behind GPW.

I don't use a filter or lights, but found that GoPro Studio (free version) does a really good job white balancing raw underwater footage from the GoPro 3 Black. I just leave WB on Protune Camera Raw and one-click in Studio. Then do arrangement in iMovie.

The gopro mount is my pride and joy. I wanted something that wouldn't impact scooter nose weighting, allowed the camera to be attached/removed underwater, and swiveled easily for different kinds of shots. I ended up selecting a bunch of marine RAM Mount parts and amazingly, everything worked exactly as planned. Here's what I used:

Scooter mount for GoPro?

The key was finding a sturdy v-mount that secured against the scooter body.

Here's what I ended up with (though I'm using a shorter, lighter arm now):

Y9KCa.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom