Best Dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me preface by saying I love watches. I have several and I like them all for various reasons, I have this watch and I love it. I wear it all the time. It also serves as a a backup depth gauge and with the bezel and a timer it can be used for diving tables should my computer die.
BJ2004-08E.jpg

I also have this one. It was such a good deal I could not pass it up. It records and save up to 20 dives with depth and times. Good for a backup if the computer dies.

attachment.php

if you look at the classifieds section of the forum "Watchuseek" you can probably find something really nice thats fairly affordable.
I myself prefer a Mechanical watch because im tired of battery changes.

take a look at the new "Raven" Vintage, made by the same folks who make "Benarus" Dive watches, they are awesome, I've been using a Benarus 1 KM for a couple of years, and its the nicest dive watch I have ever worn.

Another thing about these type of watches is that you may even end up passing it on as an heirloom, a Casio is cheap and good, but I cant see anyone wanting to pass it on to a Son / Daughter in their will.
Seiko is also great and cheap, their "Monster series" watches are fantastic value for the money.
Citizen (if it's an Eco Drive) can be great, I use the EcoZilla sometimes, and it's great as well.
However I would buy the Suppa Adapters to use a Zulu strap like these ones on it, they are a lot better than any OEM rubber strap, and even if you break a pin in the watch, you wont loose it like you can with a Rubber strap.

the best Zulu straps on the planet are here: Zulu straps 22 & 24 mm widths, 30 & 45 CM lengths (longer one for over a drysuit)

Cheers

Just wanted to thank all who have contributed to this thread. I purchased a seiko automatic 007K from amazon and received it today. Looks good and look forward to getting it under water soon. I have worn a luminox for last 10yrs but expect to enjoy my seiko more.

I just picked this watch up after reading about it on watchuseek forums. The watch has a nice weight to it and a unique design. Mine will take it's first dive in Cozumel next month.

2a3u7ene.jpg

jy8eva3y.jpg

The Hexa K500
http://hexawatches.com/

Dimensions
Diameter - 44MM
Lug to Lug - 51MM
Height - 14.75MM
Lug Width - 22MM
Case
316L Surgical Grade Stainless Steel
Triple O-Ring Design
Screw Down Signed Crown at the 10 position
Hexa integrated crownguard
500M Depth Rating
Case Back
Stainless Steel
Double O-ring screw locked
Engraved
Serialized
Bracelet
Heavy Duty 316L Stainless Steel 5 Link bracelet
Ratcheting diver clasp
Includes Italian rubber dive strap
Crystal
3MM Sapphire Crystal with anti-reflective coating inside
Dial
Luminescence by Lüm-Tec
Numeral letterforms based on interstate signage - designed to be absorbed at a glance
Bezel
60 Click unidirectional bezel
Luminous Triangle
Movement
Sii NE15/Seiko 6R15
Automatic Movement w/ Hacking and Handwinding Functions
21,600 Vibrations Per hour
23 Jewels
50 Hour Power Reserve
Anti-Magnetic
Adjusted to 6 positions in-house to ensure maximum accuracy
Ratings
Shock resistant
Each K500 is individually pressure tested to ensure reliability at 500M (1,640 ft)
Warranty
The K500 is covered by a two (2) year International limited warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Hexa-1.jpg
    Hexa-1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 725
Last edited:
..snip..
I myself prefer a Mechanical watch because im tired of battery changes.
..snip..

All decent watch manufacturers recommend changing seals every 2 years. Even if you stretch that to 3 years or even 4 then you will still be changing seals before the battery runs down. I have 2 Citizen Hyper-Aqualands, one of them is very well beat-up - in regular use since 1996, the other is newer, but both go in for battery change, seal inspection/replacement and pressure testing every 3 years.
In fact Citizen charges a very reasonably low price for this. I have other inferior watches where the local authorized service want to charge 2 or 3 times what Citizen charge.
With some brands service is just not cost effective. The service costs are so high it's better to just change the battery anywhere and throw the watch away when it eventually does give problems.

Doxa... P9230150_2.jpgIMG_0864.jpgP3140007_2.jpg Dive watches are meant to be orange!

i have a Breitling super ocean for my back up watch it backs up my 2 sunnto D9Txi titaninums
so the breitling never leaves my wrist lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom